Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

AAAHHHHHH.......

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:48 PM
  • 4 Replies

I was just watching the 5:00 news and they were talking with one of the guys from the airforce, who is here at Coors field (link about it is below)...and he was saying what an honor it was to be at our stadium and in our "fine state as he so politly put it" and it made me cry sooo hard, because I am soooo honored to have him serving my country!!!!! I know Im a blubberin fool!!!! Just thought Id share my little moment.  crying

In conjunction with the Colorado Rockies, the United States Air Force Academy Baseball Team will help host "Joining Forces with the Rockies: Celebrating Military Families" at Coors Field this Wednesday evening, April 13. The event allows families from military bases around Colorado to take part in a baseball clinic and social at Coors Field, all while being honored for their service to the country and the sacrifices they make. The families will enjoy a special viewing of the Rockies at Mets game on the Rockies jumbo screens. Kids will also be allowed to take part in the interactive features on Coors Field's concourse.

As part of the event, United States First Lady Michelle Obama and Dr. Jill Biden will speak to the families to thank and honor them for their service and sacrifice. Both Mrs. Obama and Dr. Biden will also participate in the activities with the families. Additionally, other local government and military personnel will attend the event to provide support and give their thanks.

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
kjms99
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:59 PM

BUMP!

kjms99
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:40 PM

BUMP!

Ktkazblake
by Gold Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:41 PM

Bump

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:58 PM

hugs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)