Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think a lot of us forget that we were TEENS once...

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:58 PM
  • 77 Replies

I read a lot of posts/comments that say:

I wont let my 16y old have a boyfriend...

I wont let my 12y old have facebook..

My kids will never smoke... I will lock them in their room when they are teens... and so on..

Lets just sit back for a min and see how many of us, smoked behind a old barn (yes I know not ALL of us), how many jumped out the window to see their "secret" boyfriend... How many took our parents car for a joy ride.......How many skipped church on sunday, or school.....

I really think we sometimes forget that we were  TEENS at one point!!!

CafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
3lilmonsters88
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:59 PM
I agree LOL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Laura1427
by ★Honey Badger★ on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:00 PM

I never did any of that, actually. I waited until I was 18 to even have a boyfriend.

CuSukha
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:01 PM

I'm still a teen and that something I will always remember as my daughter is growing up but still doesn't mean I'm going to let her do every stupid thing I did. I want a better relationship with her then I had with my parents. My parents never let me do anything and I never ever was able to talk to them about anything that mattered and that was the problem.

ladyvamp5489
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:02 PM

WOW  YES i was a teen but NEVER once did those things you have said. I LOVED church and even sang in the choir. I had Christain BF's who never even kissed me. I was a good kid and was even told i was made out to be a preachers wife. LOL

bananahammock1
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:02 PM
I agree.. I was a badass teen! I can only hope and pray that my kids arent worse than i was.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
inspain
by Ruby Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:03 PM

I won't let my 12 year old be on FB.  I won't let her be on FB until she's 18 and hopefully, by then, I will have drilled into her head that her privacy and, by extention, her reputation are all she really has.

I don't care about the boyfriend at 16.  He'll have enough trouble dealing with DH. 

AllieMad
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:04 PM

So...because we may have made dumb decisions when we were kids we ought to let them do whatever they want?  Awesome.  That just took a whole lot of pressure off of being a parent.

Bri060492
by Bri on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:04 PM

i only did the boyfriend part lol

I smoked at 14 in front of my mom cause my mom said if i was going to try to smoke she wants to laugh in my face when it burns..

Haven't touched a cigarette since that burning moment at 14 lol

Tea4Tas
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:04 PM

Not me. My Dad told us we couldn't have a drivers license if we smoked.  We were allowed to date at 16. We had our own cars and didn't need to borrow our parents. And we lived in the boonies, so no sneaking out at night. My Dad would have heard us. We had liberal curfews and obeyed them.

I once had a party to go to with my college aged boyfriend. My Dad went and spent the night at our cottege so I could make my 2 am curfew. He was pissed when I got up at 5 am and went BACK to the party-but he let me go!

None of my 3 kids who have been in the teens smoke(ed) My middle daughter snuck out ONCE (and really didn't like the consequences of THAT little folly)

littlemama810
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:05 PM

I was actually a very good teenager. I didn't smoke, drink, have any real boyfriends, have sex, go to parties or anything like that. DH was my first real boyfriend and the only man I've slept with. I  am hoping I can raise my children to be as good as I was.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)