Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TMI post: cloudy brownish pee from 20 month old

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:30 PM
  • 12 Replies
I'm worried she may have a UTI, but she has no other symptoms. No pain while peeing (that I can tell, anyway), and she's not going any more often than usual.
Her diet has been a little odd because she has a cold and diarrhea and is just not feeling well. She's been nursing a lot more often than usual (and I've been taking Tylenol for a massive headache last night and today), and she's eaten a banana and some froot loops today.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
deepwaters
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:31 PM

give her some water

http://www.cafemom.com/group/113579

tyrelsmom
by Gold Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:39 PM
She's had a sippy of water on her all day. I filled it up again once, and with how much she's been nursing, I don't think she's anywhere near dehydrated. She's peed quite a few times today, and it was only the last two that were funky. I didn't think much of the first time, I thought she just pooped at the same time. But the second time I was watching her closer, and nothing came out the back. She's potty trained, BTW.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tyrelsmom
by Gold Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:47 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tyrelsmom
by Gold Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:58 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catinseaside
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:00 PM

are you sure it isn't diarrhea?

tyrelsmom
by Gold Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:04 PM
Like I said, the first time could have been. But the second time I was watching closely. It came out with her pee. But now just a few minutes ago I got her to pee again. And it was clear. So now I'm really confused. A little less worried, but confused. And this last time was just a wee bit, she didn't need to go, but pushed out a little because I encouraged her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xtwistedxlovex
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:06 PM

DS has had something kind of like that from protein in his urine, although it was white rather than brown. If it's darker than usual dehydration is most likely; even if she's been getting plenty of fluids, diarrhea causes a lot of fluid loss. If it keeps up her doc will probably want to do a urinalysis, but for the time being just push fluids and maybe give her some pedialyte to help with electrolyte loss.

2girlsMom.MN
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:06 PM

Is she potty trained?

UTI usually accompanies a fever with it.

Sounds a bit dehydrated especially with diarreha start pushing the fluids big time. Popsicles whatever you can get in her.

tyrelsmom
by Gold Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:28 PM
No fever, yes she is potty trained. Maybe if I give her juice she'll drink more... I could try that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
activitymode
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:28 PM

It is probably because she is sick and a little dehydrated 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)