Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wellbutrin + Drinking

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:32 PM
  • 13 Replies

My doc put me Wellbutrin as an aid to stop smoking.  I know that he said to not do any heavy drinking when on the medication, but, can I have a few beers tonight?  (No more than 2)?

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
eeyorerdl
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:38 PM

I didn't know wellbutrin was used to quit smoking.  I used to take it and it didn't make me want to quit.  I'm sure I had a couple/few drinks while I was on it...

.betty.white.
by bilf on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:41 PM

Eeek!  I'm so nervous my beer is getting warm-- Has anyone else drank a beer on the meds?  (I'm not aiming to get drunk just to grab a beer with husband) :)  And its a new thing that if you take it for 2 weeks then stop it should make you quit pretty easy :)  Well, thats what they say so here's to hoping!

.betty.white.
by bilf on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:43 PM

Bump!  (and thank you!)

Elevenhounds
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:45 PM

I have had a few drinks now and then on Paxil.  But I couldn't say about Welbutrin

DaphneSmith
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:47 PM
I have had a few on welbutrin. I have been on it since 08 and don't drink very often but it didn't effect me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
romanceparty4u
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:47 PM

I hope it works for you, because I sure have seen no evidence of it working for anyone else.

.betty.white.
by bilf on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:48 PM

Eeeekkkk!  Don't tell me that!  I really wanna stop!!  (Maybe it will just make me less bitchy when I quit lol!) 

I had a friend whose doc prescribed a combination of Wel.  & Chantex.  He quit but I'm not sure which one it was due to.  I can't take Chantex. 

Quoting romanceparty4u:

I hope it works for you, because I sure have seen no evidence of it working for anyone else.

jlm2676
by Gold Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:50 PM
Dh, his good friend and I have all used it to quit smoking. I am not a drinker so I never drank on it. Dh drinks but he never drank while on the mess. Dhs good friend got drunk on it so I wouldn't see why two would hurt.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.betty.white.
by bilf on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:52 PM

Where they successful with quiting on it?  I'm excited to be done! 

Quoting jlm2676:

Dh, his good friend and I have all used it to quit smoking. I am not a drinker so I never drank on it. Dh drinks but he never drank while on the mess. Dhs good friend got drunk on it so I wouldn't see why two would hurt.

jlm2676
by Gold Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:54 PM
It worked for Dh, a friend of ours and myself. Our friend quit back in November and suggested the meds to dh who then quit on it and then I took it for two weeks and quit on it.

Quoting romanceparty4u:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)