Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Shopping cart covers...Take 'em or Leave 'em?

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:35 PM
  • 15 Replies

Poll

Question: Just as the title says...

Options:

Use(d) one, love(d) it.

Use(d) one, hate(d) it.

Never used one.

The infamous "other" (please explain)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 34

View Results

I switching my 9mo old over to her big girl carseat (MyRide65), so that means she'll be sitting in the shopping cart from now on instead of in her infant seat.

I'm considering getting one of those shopping cart covers.  I never used one with DS, and I was constantly having to tell him to get his mouth off the cart handle, moving him so he's stop chewing on the cart handle, etc.  So in that respect the covers seem like a good idea.

But I want to know what you ladies think.  Are they worth it?

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:36 PM

they were so complicated to put on and by tthe time you did the baby was irritated, so throw a blanket on it, and wipe it down with a disinfecting wipe and wham bam you are done!

MIA0223
by Ruby Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:36 PM
It was a waste for me. It was just an extra step for me and I already had my hands full! Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
activitymode
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:38 PM

THe same cart you're protection them from is gonna leave all its ick on the cover.  Which you will then put in your car.  So now its on the cover, in your car and where ever else you put it.  No thanks.

wickedfiress
by Ruby Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:39 PM

I never even seen one until my kids were too big to ride in the buggie.

AM-BRAT
by Gold Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:39 PM

Basically. I used one a few times, but it's a lot of work for nothing lol.

Quoting activitymode:

THe same cart you're protection them from is gonna leave all its ick on the cover.  Which you will then put in your car.  So now its on the cover, in your car and where ever else you put it.  No thanks.

JlynnDoyle
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:41 PM

I have one someone made for me & it's so pretty but unless you park the car, grab a cart from the parking lot put the cover in the cart then get the child out of the car you are just going to have an annoyed child.  I used mine twice I think.  My dd is 18 months old & has not been sick yet so whatever she is getting from the shopping cart isn't killing her & it can't be any worse than when I took her to the zoo & looked down to see her licking the glass on the sea otter tank (YUCK)

JennasMommy
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:43 PM

I LOVED mine!! 

Embers88
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:44 PM

I loved my shopping cart cover. I didn't hook all the straps up, I just draped it over the seat to where it was supposed to go and then plopped my son in it. It covered every inch so I didn't have to worry about him touching the filthy cart.

No joke... I just did an experiment in micro where we went out and swabbed random objects then brought them back to the lab to see what was growing where. I found Staph (MRSA) on a shopping cart. Lots of it. That stuff is no joke... it can be deadly.

Anyway, I loved mine :)

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:44 PM

I used one, I can't for the life of me remember the brand, it was very expensive, around 75.00 and I used it for two kids.  Plus it came in black with a toile print so it never looked raggedy.

mochasista
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:44 PM

I used one when ds put his mouth on everything. As soon as he stopped doing that I stopped using it though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)