Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you know if shes anorexic!?? So embarrasing!

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:40 PM
  • 7 Replies

Today my mom embarrassed me so bad. We went to Starbucks and were sitting and chatting when a lady walked by. My mom whispers (the loudest whisper ever btw) "I think she has an eating disorder"

Well I didnt get a good look at the lady but my mouth just dropped open that she would say it like that. Then the lady walked by again. I looked at her this time and yeah she was very thin.My mom saw me look at her and said it AGAIN! OUT LOUD THIS TIME! She said "She is either sick or anorexic"

OMFG so mortifying. I know the lady heard her and I felt like I wanted to just go apologize for my moms rudeness.I couldn't even look at the lady again, I was frozen all I could do was stare at my cup for the next couple minutes till we left.

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
beccajain2008
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:49 PM

Honestly I'm not sure how to tell for sure ,because my sister looked 100% anorexic and she wasnt. Far from it in fact. She eats more than I do & Im overweight (( I gained it from meds and pregnancies and bedrest not from eating though ))  But people constantly said she had an eating problem and accused her of it and she never did. She was always about 15lbs underweight though.  A lot of people who do speed/meth/coke  look like they are anorexic also & will often have some of the same signs like darker color under the eyes ( meth users get it from lack of sleep ,anorexics get it from lack of nutrition &Iron)

B-FigNewton
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:50 PM

The only time I say that about people is when they weigh 100 pounds and say they are fat. :)

If I was you I would have told my mom to STFU very loudly.

KBM99
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:56 PM
After I had my son I got SUPER skinny like within 6 months I weighed less than 100lbs.. But I worked put like 5 or 6 times a week.. I still ate and I was happy with myself. But my family & my sons fathers family thought I was starving myself.. I was not I LOVE food too much lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
romanceparty4u
by on Apr. 14, 2011 at 12:00 AM

Your  mom is lucky she didn't get her ass whooped. Might want to share that with her, generally if you open your mouth about people in public you may choose the wrong one someday.

NearSeattleMom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 14, 2011 at 2:45 AM

Does your mom always act like that?

soon2bemomof307
by on Apr. 14, 2011 at 2:56 AM

Yes that was rude. Not all thin people have eating disorders. That's like assuming all overweight people sit on their ass and eat all day. I was very thin as a kid and the girls were mean saying "skinny bitch" and "you gonna puke that up when you are done" while I was eating lunch.

jaysmommy04
by on Apr. 14, 2011 at 2:57 AM

OMG!  My mom does the same damn thing to me, and I hate it!

We were at golden chicken once, standing behind this really buff looking man.  I mean he was bulky.  My mom tells me to look at how buff he was, so I said yeah, he must work out - whispering of course-  then she says in her loudest whisper EVER... "oh well, all the muscle will eventually turn to fat, and then your left with 280lbs of fat that used to be muscle.... I KNOW he heard her.  I told her, there is something wrong with you!  You just don't do that.

She then tried to tell me, I shouldn't talk to my mother like that, SMH lol.  She has lost her mind.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)