Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you blow this off for family??

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:44 PM
  • 36 Replies
My daughters bday is tomorrow and we are having a small get together at my place. We Are making a brisket and couldn't do it Friday(we are catholic)nor Saturday because that's her cousins bday who is turning for as well. So all my immediate family is coming,except my older sister because her eleven year old son has football practice. My daughter wanted get cousins there)my oldest sisters kids) so my sister said they could go only if I pick them up and drop them off. I'm kind of offended because I really dont think fb practice is important enough to miss one dat over my dd's bday. I have always dropped everything to help her out. I spent my childhood helping her with her four kids whom she had with a span within 7 years. do I have a right to be a little offended?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jella31
by Angela on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:46 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kamsue
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:46 PM

my youngest sister does that to..I would be offended

raegansmom
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:47 PM

If it were me, I would be annoyed but still do it.  If it is important to yoru DD that they are there, I would do my best to make sure they were there.

Mrs.Mysterious
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:47 PM

Why can't they do both?

Mrs.Mysterious
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:48 PM

AND....it is not football season or football practice season.  Why does he have football practice in April?

candicefield
by Silver Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:48 PM
This

Quoting raegansmom:

If it were me, I would be annoyed but still do it.  If it is important to yoru DD that they are there, I would do my best to make sure they were there.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BonitaM
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:49 PM

I would be offended.

VintageWife
by Silver Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:49 PM

Practice in April?!?

jella31
by Angela on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:50 PM
Idk. And I have no problem picking them up, just annoyed. His praticr is from 5:30 to 7:30 and it's also a school night. I understand that but it's like I'm having party like it's 1999 shindig. It's just something so dd feels special.

Quoting Mrs.Mysterious:

Why can't they do both?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
romanceparty4u
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:51 PM

do they get penalized and punished for missing football practice? Is this "football" something she has paid for?

I would not blow off a prior commitment for family, family would have to notify me ahead of time, make prior arrangements, or accomodate the schedules of others, if they indeed think it's important to have the family there. If it were that easy, couldn't you "blow off' catholicism and do it Friday? No?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)