Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

easy question ladies please help

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 1:11 AM
  • 7 Replies
I'm working on weaning my 12 month old from the breast fully buy introducing more solids but I'm seriously at a loss for what to give her that she can eat with just 4 front teeth.
What are some foods I can give her that are easy to eat?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 1:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
sunkst
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 1:13 AM

My almost 7 month old gets steamed veggies, soft fruit, we're going to try pasta to see if she likes that, we're going to try egg yolks soon too.  She doesn't have any teeth, the pedi said for soft things she doesn't need them, she can gum it.  She's done great so far.

megan479
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 1:15 AM

rice, yougurt, cottage cheese, steamed veggies like sweet potato/yam, carrots, broccoli, peas etc.  you could try meats that have been cooked in a slow cooker, it tends to be very soft that way, especially if itwas cooked in a sauce...meatloaf

Luv.My.Kidz
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 1:15 AM

Soft.... those gerber snacks that desolve are good.... bananas, mashed potatoes, yams, etc. 

Softer foods.... my kids had almost a full mouth at 12 months so I'm at a loss on this. They had 2 teeth by 3 months :( 

charliebean
by Ruby Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 1:16 AM

Breastmilk. lol

RLSMOM59
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 1:17 AM

You can start her off with veggies - baby food or puree your own. Then go with the desserts.

afwifeandmommy3
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 1:18 AM
Pasta. rice .steamed veggies. Fruit or veggie puffs. Bananas. dried fruit. Apple sauce. Cheerios. Refried beans. Yogurt. Cottage cheese. Rice pudding. Tapioca pudding. Pancakes. Mashed potatoes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jeniemarie
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 1:23 AM
gerber baby foods stage 1 or 2. also steamed veggies. rice, bread (small peices), soft fruits like banana, applesauce, maybe small pieces of ripe peach. mashed potatoes, yougurt. soft cheeses, cherrios (they pewtty much disolve). really anything you can make soft and squishy and she can swallow without choking
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)