Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

would you care?

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:14 AM
  • 14 Replies
As some of you may know my sister is staying with me to find a jib here in my town. I went into my room to put my purse up & she is laying ng on mine(dh) bed. She is laying where I would lay with the blanket on & everything talking.on the phone(which she does all day). My room is my personal.space with dh & i bothers me. She said she went in there becuase my kids were being loud & she couldnt hear her friend. Would you care? I wouldn't mind if she was just situation inon tue bed or laying ng at the end of it but not on my spot with tue blabket & everythng like its her bed. I told.dh & he told me to tell her to get out. Im not just being a bitch right lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
funmommy123
by Ruby Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:15 AM
Ohv& she had the door shut. I think i just feel like she is actnlike its her room & its not lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
willswifey
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:16 AM

ahh once, i woulnt care but repeatedly yeah it would bother me

b_rod
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:16 AM
I don't like people in my room. Especially touching my bed. That's where I have sex, and that's just weird.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
K_Chel
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:17 AM

Just explain to her that that is YOUR space... that you have to share everything else WITH everyone else and you need somewhere that is yours. tell her to go sit in the bathroom!!

Amybelle
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:17 AM

not a Big Deal IMO............I have 4 Sisters, I'd think they just wanted to be comfy & able to hear their Friend.

midnightdahlia
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:18 AM

I would care, very much actually. She is staying with you but it is not her home and the problems between you and she will only get worse. Help her find a job and get her out or take her to a shelter because when you starting asking questions like this it is time to practice tough love or you will really hate her by the time she gets out.

Caitlin10081989
by Ruby Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:22 AM

If I was you, I would have told her that in this house bedrooms are the person's own personal space and if she feels the kids are being too noisy or too loud then she needs to come to me and tell me. I would also tell her that in this house she may talk on the phone business related but personal phone calls will be kept to a minimum. She needs to be out looking for a job all day long not on the phone all day. Phone time is for after you have spent all day looking for work.

Caitlin10081989
by Ruby Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:23 AM

She was acting like it was her room by shutting the door and getting all comfortable and it's your and your DH's room, not hers.

Quoting funmommy123:

Ohv& she had the door shut. I think i just feel like she is actnlike its her room & its not lol.

Caitlin10081989
by Ruby Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:24 AM

I agree with you but some people don't have wonderful relationships with their sisters.

Quoting Amybelle:

not a Big Deal IMO............I have 4 Sisters, I'd think they just wanted to be comfy & able to hear their Friend.

Mom2Be0804
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:24 AM
If she did it once, probably not. I would talk to her about it. If it happened after that, then it would bother me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)