Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How does cheating STRENGTHEN a relationship?

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 5:07 AM
  • 88 Replies

I am not judging, assuming or bashing... I am simply asking a question...

I keep reading these posts about cheating and affairs and I must admit I am intrigued...  I have seen many responses stating that their relationship is even stronger since the affair?

I am curious...

how does that happen?

by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 5:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tori_S
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 5:09 AM
Idk. Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ilayframe
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 5:10 AM
I have no idea..maybe they learned things about their partner they never knew? Or since the incident they communicate better....I'd like to know too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elayna90
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 5:10 AM
To me, it's not the affair that strengthed it.
It the couples work they put in after to see the flaws from both side, to rebuild trust, and to love one another again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lwalker270
by Lara on Apr. 23, 2011 at 5:11 AM

Quoting Tori_S:

Idk. Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stockuponlove
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 5:16 AM
That's exactly it. it happened in my relationship and were now better and different from it.

Quoting Elayna90:

It the couples work they put in after to see the flaws from both side, to rebuild trust, and to love one another again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweetnsassymami
by Ruby Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 5:20 AM

IDK I didn't stay. Bump

Caitlin10081989
by Ruby Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 5:22 AM

Bump.

MeganGallagher
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 5:26 AM

bump?

jenly1972
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 5:31 AM

One can only hope. ...

Quoting stockuponlove:

That's exactly it. it happened in my relationship and were now better and different from it.

Quoting Elayna90:

angel_eyez
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 5:31 AM
It comes from the fact that you want to keep your family together and you can understand people make mistakes. When that person admits their wrong doing, bares their soul and does everything in their power to make you trust them again it changes something in the relationship. It takes alot of patience and energy but once it gets past a certain point that u feel comfortable again. You end up looking back and realizing everything you learned and looking at the journey. It becomes time invested with someone that was able to prove how much they loved you even after they made a mistake. Thats what i think. Im going on 9 yrs in my relationship. He cheated on me in the 2nd year. He realized his mistake and has loved me harder than i can ever explain in words since then. Im glad i didnt just walk away even though i almost did plenty of times. I think when u have kids its worth it to try and fix things. But ill never understand the women that stay with repeat offenders that just dont care.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)