Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Having a BBQ, need some side ideas....

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 8:56 AM
  • 24 Replies

I am having a bbq today for family. I tend to make the same things over and over, so I want some new ideas.

We are having:

Steaks

Hot Dogs

Hamburgers (anyone have any ideas for any yummy ways to flavor them?)

Baked Beans

My mom is bringing potato salad, so I don't have to make that.

Jello Cake

What else would be good? Any good recipes?

by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 8:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luvmylife5
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:00 AM

A light pasta salad, some deviled eggs. With the burgers we add onions and worcestershire sauce as well as salt and pepper

Wife of Trent and proud Mommy to Elizabeth, Nathan, Trevor, Ryleigh, Kayden and Hunter.
luvmylife5
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:00 AM

Do you BBQ your beans on the grill, if not they are awesome like that

Wife of Trent and proud Mommy to Elizabeth, Nathan, Trevor, Ryleigh, Kayden and Hunter.
myfoursonsks
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:02 AM

No, I usually just use a crockpot.  I have always wanted a big smoker to where I could cook meat and allow the drippings to drip into the baked beans while they cooked.

Quoting luvmylife5:

Do you BBQ your beans on the grill, if not they are awesome like that

Kodysmommy928
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:03 AM

For the burgers, do bacon, avacado and ranch dressing blended with sourcream as toppings.  Oh and swiss cheese!

Kodysmommy928
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:04 AM

Corn on the cob cooked on the grill, mix your butter with lime and cilantro!

myfoursonsks
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:04 AM

That sounds like something I would definitely like....not sure about the kids though. :)

Quoting Kodysmommy928:

For the burgers, do bacon, avacado and ranch dressing blended with sourcream as toppings.  Oh and swiss cheese!

judybant
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:06 AM

For the hamburgers, for every pound of meat, one packet of the dry ranch dressing mix mixed in... YUMMO tangy ranch burgers. 

Serve cornbread muffins with a can of drained whole kernel corn and some red pepper flakes mixed in with your cornbread mix. 

macaroni salad is my favorite... add frozen peas, shredded carrots, finely chopped onion, or green onions, and a finely diced red or orange bell pepper for some color, texture, and yummy flavor. Sprinkle some shredded cheese on the top... yummy! 

ncmomma3152
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:09 AM

veggies on the grill are great.

myfoursonsks
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:11 AM

Do you add mayo or a vinegar based dressing to your macaroni salad?

Quoting judybant:

For the hamburgers, for every pound of meat, one packet of the dry ranch dressing mix mixed in... YUMMO tangy ranch burgers. 

Serve cornbread muffins with a can of drained whole kernel corn and some red pepper flakes mixed in with your cornbread mix. 

macaroni salad is my favorite... add frozen peas, shredded carrots, finely chopped onion, or green onions, and a finely diced red or orange bell pepper for some color, texture, and yummy flavor. Sprinkle some shredded cheese on the top... yummy! 

PookaboosMom
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:12 AM
My family always asks me to bring homemade baked mac n cheess
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)