Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How did your relationship begin?

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:05 AM
  • 84 Replies

How did you meet your significant other? Who asked who out first? Who made the first move?

Were you friends first? Did you date or did things move more quickly for you? 

Just curious :)

by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momma-flynn
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:07 AM
we met thru friends & hung out for a summer. i asked him out on our first date. we're best friends now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LiveLifeLoving
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:08 AM

We met in high school. We were best friends for awhile, then he asked me to junior prom and that's when we first began dating.

.kk.
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:08 AM

Quoting momma-flynn:

we met thru friends & hung out for a summer. i asked him out on our first date. we're best friends now.

What was it that made you ask him out first? I never know if I should make the first move or not.

supermama322
by Made in Canada on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:09 AM

You don't want to know lol

randi1978
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:09 AM

Started out as on and off fuck-buddies 3 1/2 yrs ago.

Last fall, he brought up the idea of being completely exclusive.  I was like "okay".

So, here we are.

"Sexy, edgy, dangerous. If you Google my name, those are the first three words you see." - Murdoc Niccals

.kk.
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:10 AM

Quoting randi1978:

Started out as on and off fuck-buddies 3 1/2 yrs ago.

Last fall, he brought up the idea of being completely exclusive.  I was like "okay".

So, here we are.

That sounds ideal to me. LOL

poshkat
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:10 AM

well we met for the first time about 6 years before we actually started dating and our paths crossed almost daily until that day.

what happened was i was hanging out with some friends because i just HAD to meet this guy. it was cold, i was unhappy and he came out of his house and walked straight towards us. i was sitting on the bench and came right up to me and said "oh my god, you have green eyes i love you!!", and sat next to me. i was not impressed, he was very cocky and annoying.

the next day my friend came running up to the school saying "hes picking you up from school today! OMG!!! why arent you wearing makeup?!?!?!"

i ended up leaving early (i just did not like him!!!) and he ended up staying infront of the school for 3 hours waiting for me, ruinining his brand new nike sneakers (i still hear about his beloved shoes 10 years later!)

i went home and my friend called me and told me if i dont beep him he will never speak to me again. i cant stand it when people hate me and i felt bad about the shoes so i beeped him and the next day i went back to hang out and we've been together ever since.

Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:11 AM

We met through mutual friends - at a karoke bar.  We were both seeing other people, but man, there was a spark there.  When we were both free, only a couple of weeks later, we quickly got together.  Moved in together six weeks later, got his son on a permanant basis two months after that, got married, had 'our' kids.

WhitleyLyles
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:11 AM
We met at church. I called him. WORST. MISTAKE. EVER
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dipsetgrl06
by Gold Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:12 AM
We met through friends and hated each other for a while. Lol He asked for a kiss and one kiss made us fall for each other. We dated for a while and got married on our one year anniversary.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)