Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

God Parents are special

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 1:15 PM
  • 8 Replies

Poll

Question: who child/children have god parents?

Options:

yes

no

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 6

View Results

Today My dd is going with her god mother  for the day. I was just wondering how many of your kids have god parents? How many are active in the kids life's? How many are just a title? How did you pick them out?

by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 1:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
KLBB1234
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 1:41 PM
My children do not have god parents. But I will bump for you to get some replies! Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexsmomaubrys2
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 1:42 PM

We don't do "god parents".

My sister and her husband will take our children is anything happens to us. It's in our will.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? 

"Oppression of spirit is not on the public school curriculum. Rather, it's a noxious by-product produced while stewing schooling in a pot w/ unions, administrators, multi-billion dollar budgets, state education departments, and school boards, then letting politicians control the heat." Linda Dobson

"When you want to teach children to think, you begin by treating them seriously when they are little, giving them responsibilities, talking to them candidly, providing privacy and solitude for them, and making them readers and thinkers of significant thoughts from the beginning. That's *if* you want to teach them to think." ~ Bertrand Russell

heidi_val
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 1:42 PM
all 3 of my boys have the same godparents!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MominCa
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:39 PM

I have all 3 of my newphews as god sons.

Quoting heidi_val:

all 3 of my boys have the same godparents!

MominCa
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:47 PM

I know god parents are not for everyone. I am a single mom and dad is not really around other then a phone call. I am great full for my daughters god parents who are very active in her life. last year they had a fathers day celebration at school. kids where to take there daddy's.  My daughter's god father (my brother) went with her so she would not feel left out. Her god mother is one of my Best friends. who we have been best friends for like 20 plus years. She is single has not kids of her own and just spoils my dd .could not ask for a better pair of god parents

P.V.Hawkwind
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:48 PM

We don't do godparents. My mom will get dd if something happens. 

aeroslove
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:48 PM

My kids dont have God Parents, im wiccan and i never Baptised my first two when i was catholic. And im glad i didnt since i dont believe in that. I have god parents but i dont know where the hell they are or care :)

mommas3cubs
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:50 PM

All 3 of our boys have God Parents.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)