Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I hate his job.. (vent)

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 1:20 PM
  • 19 Replies

And before you start bashing me and saying its his job and I know what I signed up for. I get that. I'm just tired, stressed, and wanting my SO.

He's just been flying SO much lately. DS hasn't got to spend a week straight with his dad in over a month. He's a load master and usually flies a mission every month, about ten, maybe 14 days. It was no biggie. But now they have him flying non stop.

Example, he went on a mission for two weeks, home for 4 days, flew again for 5 days, just got home late Thursday, called him Friday morning to say he leaves again first thing after his post mission rest for a 10 day.

And I hate it when people say, "Well think about the money." F*ck the money. Money does not buy happiness!

Its just so frustrating. Just f*cking deploy him so I don't get my hopes up on actually getting to see him and spend time with him. I'm almost envious of Army wives. At least when your husband is gone for a year you know you'll more than likely have most of the next year to spend together (aside from going to the field, trainings, ect) I NEVER know when I'm going to get to see him.

DS is starting to see a therapist and our first appointment is May 3rd. They said its important for both parents to be there for this appointment. Well guess what, SO wasnt even home long enough to put in leave for the 3rd before they called him and told him about his next mission. And DS will be 4 on May 8th so who knows if he'll even be home for that or not. A lot of DS's anger issues stem from Daddy not ever being here. He gets violent towards me, his teachers, his friends ect. When we ask whats wrong he always says he misses/wants his daddy. And trust me, we've been working on this for a long time. :-/

I know this is military life. I dont need anyone to tell me that. I just need to get all this off my chest because I'm just so overwhelmed right now.

by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 1:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovinmykiddo07
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 1:51 PM

BUMP!

momme2anangel
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 1:57 PM

I was this way when my husband was an over the the road trucker. I went into labor early and he didnt make it home in time for the birth... etc. He was gone up to a month home only a few days.. THE MONEY WAS AWSOME, but I never saw him.. He quit and now has a local home every night job.. Its not as much money but at least we see him!

HelloKitty86
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:02 PM
If it is affecting your son this bad, maybe your husband should find a different job.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovinmykiddo07
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:03 PM

Quoting momme2anangel:

I was this way when my husband was an over the the road trucker. I went into labor early and he didnt make it home in time for the birth... etc. He was gone up to a month home only a few days.. THE MONEY WAS AWSOME, but I never saw him.. He quit and now has a local home every night job.. Its not as much money but at least we see him!

He JUST re-inlisted a few months ago, so we still have a while to go. But they werent flying him this much then tho. They switched his squadrons and he's been flying like crazy since he is in this new one. I told him he needs to try to get back in his old squadron or something, because this isnt healthy for any of us. :-/ I would rather him have crappy pay and be home then never home and have money.

lovinmykiddo07
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:04 PM

Quoting HelloKitty86:

If it is affecting your son this bad, maybe your husband should find a different job.

You cant just quit the Air Force tho.

mallowcup17
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:04 PM

((hugs))

lovebugX2
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:06 PM
Where are you stationed?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.betty.white.
by bilf on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:06 PM

My ds isn't in the military but has to travel a lot for his job so I know where you are coming from!  Hugs and I hope that he will be home soon!  When he is home make sure he spends really good quality time with you guys!!! 

itsallabtthem84
I will keep my mouth shut and just give you a bump.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
winkles115
hugs mama
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)