Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1st pet

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 1:25 PM
  • 6 Replies

What was your child's 1st pet? We just got our 2 yr old a fish named Tico. We got her a fish after a family trip to NC we took last week. We took her to the aquarium there and she loved the fish!! She talked more to the fish than she has to me!

by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 1:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Devious103102
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 1:26 PM

The first pet the girls have had that were THEIRS and not the "family pet"... DD1 had a hampster, DD2 had a fish, DD3, umm... I think all our pets since her have been "family" pets but I guess I'd say dog.

Honeybun09
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 1:28 PM

My 2 year old won't get her own pet for a long time, if ever. We'll probably always do family pets, like it was in my house growing up.

poshkat
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 1:36 PM

we got DS a guinea pig for his 4th birthday. worst pet EVER. she was so evil. thank goodness we found a good home for her because she was driving me crazy!!

we have a cat, he is DHs cat, we've had him for 8 years, we got him as a kitten and he does not like DS or me, just DH. now he wants to get DS a kitten but i am against it because i dont want to deal with another cat

Alex2008
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 1:40 PM

LOL..I love it! 

Quoting piercedbeauty21:

What was your child's 1st pet? We just got our 2 yr old a fish named Tico. We got her a fish after a family trip to NC we took last week. We took her to the aquarium there and she loved the fish!! She talked more to the fish than she has to me!

pellen
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 1:42 PM

Dd's first pet was a puppy named Georgia that we had to rehome because of jealousy issues between 2 infants the dog and human... LOL she didn't rehome very far though as she lives with my parents. We now have a cat named Riley and we all get along wonderfully.

mallowcup17
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 1:43 PM

we havent had a pet yet but generally all pets are family pets. it was the same way me and dh both had pets as kids so i don't think itll change. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)