Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Going GREEN

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 1:29 PM
  • 6 Replies
So i see all these posts on saving money but how are you ladies going green? Share all or one of your tips. Lets find more ways to help the planet!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 1:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
pellen
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 1:32 PM

We use reclaimed materials to build new parts to our house! DH just finished building a pantry for me out of toungue and groove planks from a dock he redid last summer. Our Chicken Coop is also made from reclaimed wood. We have chickens and a full garden as well.

Mrs.Jolly
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 1:46 PM
We use alot of natural light try reuse foil and we used to recycle alot but they got rid of the drop off place now i dont have anywhere
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.BAT
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:22 PM

We bought an energy saving AC (well, it has an option to turn the energy saver on or off, we keep  it on most of the time), lightbulbs, shower head, etc. I carry a reusable bottle with me usually, as well as coffee mug. I'm going to *try* to grow some food, but we have limited yard space and ducks and strays, so not sure how I'm going to swing that yet. We turn lights off when we leave a room, take shorter showers, keep the water off while brushing our teeth, I use Soap Nuts detergent, I rarely use chemicals to clean, etc. I buy a lot of stuff online (ebay and used on Amazon) instead of new from a store. I buy organic when I can. I'm not super green, but I try to do what I can.

Mrs.Jolly
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:29 PM
Do you know there is a more energy effishant light bulb that has no mercy and is made here in america (sorry about spelling)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lrr3284
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:34 PM
We have cfl light bulbs, the way the base built the houses our water heater is ran by solar panels, we use reusable bags when shopping (plus get 5cents of per bag) recycle, have an herb garden,cloth diaper, eat as much organic as we can, make cleaning products. A lot of the stuff we did was to Save Money not be green but once we started it just became natural and easy so we do as much as we can
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Jolly
by on Apr. 25, 2011 at 11:14 AM
Bump wow so many people care about their planet come on lets get more tips on here
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)