Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I hate holidays!! (piog) long, sorry..

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 1:35 PM
  • 5 Replies

Anywhere but here right now would be nice. I'm just starting to hate holidays anymore. MIL has pissed me off so bad I don't even know if I can see her without saying something. We invited her over for dinner Sunday, she declined for no reason, starting saying it was because she was "down" then proceeded to tell DH it was because we were seeing FIL later that evening, and not spending the whole day with her. So f*cking what, that's how all our holidays are now, there's too many people in our family for us to be able to spend a whole day with just one person. So then she asks DH if she can just come over today instead of tomorrow. Mind you this was at 2:30 this morning. Before he even let her know if it was okay or not she was asking what she needed to bring. WTF Nobody said today was okay, just because that's what YOU want to do! We can't do it today, my family is coming over to visit today, I made plans to see them today because initially she had told us she wanted to get together Sunday. I want to pull her hair our right now, why be this difficult? And selfish? It wouldn't be so bad but since she's got this new bf she never comes to see us hardly ever calls and when she talks to DH she doesn't even ask about how me and the kids are doing. That's a whole other story though I guess. So anyway we're supposed to meet up with FIL and DH's sister and stepmom later Sunday evening. I had told her yesterday that anytime Sunday would be fine because MIL didn't want to get together now, but I had to tell his sm this morning that she changed her mind and was Sunday evening still okay. I don't know if I'm just reading into these texts wrong or what but it seems like she is being hateful with me, asking me when where and what are we going to be doing. Hell I don't know, I'm running around like a chicken with my head cut off because MIL has been acting so stupid I didn't know for sure what I was even doing til this morning. So I don't know what to even tell her. I'm cooking for MIL, I thought about just making a dessert to take over to FIL that evening and visiting a little, nothing extravagent, but the way she seems just frustrated with me I don't even know what to say now. I'm on the verge of tears my anxiety is through the roof. I want to run away today and come back when Easter is over. Why is there always BS around the holidays? I can't even enjoy myself.. AAAAHHH!!!

frustrated

by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 1:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Apr. 23, 2011 at 4:43 PM
MOMby19
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 4:52 PM

I would stand firm with your time. SO's mom tries these stunts with Christmas every year. The first 2 years, she got away with it cuz SO was a big push over. This year. She tried to change it... SO finally told her that she had already agreed on a time and that that was the only time we were available. She begrudgingly agreed and hasn't tried that little stunt since.

mamawhit08
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 5:03 PM

Thanks. We are standing firm about the time, it's just got me tore up that she's gone round and round with us about this, saying she's not coming, then she wants to come this day not that day. I'm so stressed now I'm already dreading getting up tomorrow. I don't understand what her problem is. I told DH I wouldn't say anything tomorrow, but if she ever pulls this crap again there's no way I am holding my tongue.

mommaofemma
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 8:04 PM

I know exactly how you feel!! There is always drama on my DH side of the family like 95% of the time and it sucks...

mamawhit08
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:44 PM

Yeah, I hate it. Holidays are supposed to be enjoyable but I'm getting to where I just dread it. It shouldn't be so hard to understand that we can't be everwhere all the time

Quoting mommaofemma:

I know exactly how you feel!! There is always drama on my DH side of the family like 95% of the time and it sucks...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)