Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How did you tell people the sex of your baby?

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:04 PM
  • 16 Replies

Did you just tell them or do it some special way? 

For us, we had the ultrasound tech put the sex in an envelope and then we took the envelope to a bakery and asked the baker to put pink icing in the middle of the cake if it was a girl and blue if it was a boy. 

We threw a party and invtied about 30 of our friends. They all watches us cut the cake to find pink icing!! It was so neat and surprising. I loved it. 

Unfortunatly my mum is in Australia so she couldn't join us but we had her on skype when we were cutting the cake lol

How did you tell friends and family?

by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pinkbrooklyn
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:05 PM

That's cute.  :D 

Being that I don't think gender is really a surprise since it's either or...  I just gave folks a phone  call so they know what color to buy.  LOL

PurplePieguy
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:06 PM

Waited til baby was born.

**ETA**like your idea though.

lovinmykiddo07
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:07 PM

I just called people and told them. lol

But my aunt didnt pick up her phone so I left her a voice mail. I said, "Hey Aunt Jane. Sorry...signal isnt good.. appointment. We found out...sex of the baby, its .... Arent you... excited?! Call me." lol She was so mad. She was like, "Ashley Nicole I cant believe you!!" haha

ErinNYC
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:10 PM

Quoting PurplePieguy:

Waited til baby was born.

**ETA**like your idea though.

Wow I couldn't wait that long! lol

ErinNYC
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:10 PM

Quoting lovinmykiddo07:

I just called people and told them. lol

But my aunt didnt pick up her phone so I left her a voice mail. I said, "Hey Aunt Jane. Sorry...signal isnt good.. appointment. We found out...sex of the baby, its .... Arent you... excited?! Call me." lol She was so mad. She was like, "Ashley Nicole I cant believe you!!" haha

awwww too funny!!! lol

AshMomToShawn
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:12 PM

I saw that in Food Network magazine this month, I thought it was so neat. I may do that next time! I just told everyone when I found out, nothing special.  

goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:13 PM

My mom was with me at the doctor appointment when I found out. And since she makes AT&T look like 2 cans on a string, I never had to say a word. Everyone probably knew before I was even dressed lol 

KandiceN
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:14 PM

Umm... I don't remember how I told my parents with my oldest! lol I think I just called her, everyone else we just called.

My second my mom was babysiting so when we came home we told her.  And then we posted it on Facebook so everyone else knew.

mamacita-brown
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:16 PM

That's so cute! We had family in the room when we found out with my daughter. With my son, we didn't announce the pregnancy until I was 16 weeks pregnant, at thanksgiving. It was our first year in the house so we had the whole family over and I excused myself from the table and brought back a bundle of blue balloons with one that said "It's a boy!"  Our kids are only 13 months apart, so people just thought I hadn't lost all of the weight from the first baby. They were all pretty shocked but it was exciting to be able to surprise everyone like that!

aprilsalcro
by Platinum Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:16 PM

umm its a __________

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)