Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Getting a Raw Deal

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:17 PM
  • 8 Replies

Every so often, I read articles about grown men who have gotten teen girls preggo (young teens, 13, 14, 15 yrs old, etc).  Most of the cases, the guy knew how old the girl was, but pursued her anyways.

But, on some rare occasions, the guy had no idea how old the girl was and often is unaware of her true age until he gets busted.  On rarer occasions, the girl might have even had a fake ID that claimed she was a tad older (18, 19) and so the guy drops any real doubt he might have if he sees a license that claims she is older than she is.

So, given a situation like that, do you still believe that the guy should get railroaded by the legal system and labelled a sex offender?  Should the girl escape any repercussions for her part in destroying this guy's life?

Why is it when a situation like that unfolds, everyone still treats the teenager like a victim when, if anything, she is just as wrong. 

Nowadays, it's hard to tell a teenager's true age.  There are some who look like they're 20 yrs old and they're only 14, 15 yrs old.

This also goes for a vice versa scenario.  Adult woman with a teen boy, but boy looks older and might have ID that even states he is older than he truly is. 

My opinion: the adult should be free of any charges if they can prove they really had no idea that the teenager was below the age of consent, but the teen should get charged with something for misleading the adults involved.

(now, if the adult becomes aware of the teen's true age at some point, but continues the relationship, then they should face charges).

What's your thoughts?

"Sexy, edgy, dangerous. If you Google my name, those are the first three words you see." - Murdoc Niccals

by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
randi1978
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:23 PM

Bumpage.

randi1978
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:53 PM

Wow, nobody has an opinion on this????

celestegood
by Platinum Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 3:15 PM

Eh, don't you think the laws would make men more cautious about where they put their dicks?  I don't mean to be crude, but if they know they might end up in jail and have to register as a sex offender, they *might* want to meet the girls parents and family and friends?  Cause if her parents said yes, Tiffany is X age, then he's probably good to go.

Just a thought.  If you aren't willing to meet the parents, why have sex?  Or the very least, good friends.  There are ways to verify age....just saying.  Men need to use the brain in their head and be smart to protect themselves! 

Jmo.  I was with a 25 year old man at 15.  He knew how old I was, he was told by me, and by my friends.  He picked me up at the high school to date me.  He would never drop me off at home-and when I asked him to meet the parents, he stammered and would drop me off three blocks from home.  He knew how old I was and was afraid of getting in trouble with the law....which happened anyway.  He got off, though.  I had gotten married and was pregnant by the time his trial rolled around, and was unable to testify against him.  I couldn't afford to come home to do so.

Anyhow, I don't buy your argument.  There's always a way to ensure the girl is legal before doing the deed, so to speak. 

celestegood
by Platinum Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 3:16 PM

I think if a man is after chicks that look very young, he can figure out a way to verify her age, and ID has nothing to do with it.

celestegood
by Platinum Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 3:21 PM

I mean, he can look at her lifestyle!  Is she living at home, does she have an apartment?  Does she drive/own a car (yeah, I know that 16 year olds drive).  Where does she work?  Is she working full time?  I mean, if a man is dating a girl, and knows enough about her, he can probably figure out without looking at her ID if she's old enough to have sex legally. 

But if he doesn't date her, doesn't learn anything about her, and jumps into the sack with her, yeah, he's probably screwed himself.  Just saying. It's not smart to jump into the sack with just anyone.  And any guy stupid enough to do that deserves what he gets. 

celestegood
by Platinum Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 3:23 PM

Wow, am I the only one here who has an opinion about this?

celestegood
by Platinum Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 3:33 PM

You might wanna change the title to something like, "sex offenders might not be so guilty....maybe its some young girls faults too" or something else drama filled. 

celestegood
by Platinum Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 4:03 PM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)