Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Corelle Dishes don't chip or break MY A** -vent-

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:35 PM
  • 29 Replies

Over the last few years due to my Lupus we have gone down to the light weight dishes and I found I like Corelle till today.

I have had 2 coffee cups chip in a dish washer last year no big deal. We have dropped bowls and plates with out breaking. Today DD was being mommy helper DS had been mommy helper earlier and washed some plates well I guess he didn't do a good job because when DD grabbed a plate it slipped and fell no big deal right Corelle don't break WRONG the thing shattered so much that pieces flew across the room hitting me in the legs. DH  is still in the kitchen moving the frig, stove and trying to get under the sink because that shit went every where.

DD said the plate felt greasy which makes since if DS didn't wash it well enough because we had bacon for breakfast.

I am so pissed right now how it shattered I so wish I had my tags for these dishes because according to their web site they don't break or chip and even on the bottoms it says they wont chip or break.

DH keeps yelling that he doesn't think he'll ever find all the pieces because our floors are white and the plate was white.

Jenn

by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KellyOh72
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:37 PM

Email the company and bitch them out! I bet you get free dishes.

Hope he can get all the stuff cleaned.

poshkat
by Platinum Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:38 PM

i agree with you, they chip and break like crazy!! the only person i know who's corelle dishes have not broken is my sister. she got them when she moved into the dorms at her college and bought them because they dont break. she now lives with my dad and has dropped her's a few times and they never broke.

Rockabilly_ma13
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:38 PM
Wow. I have chucked Corell dishes across the room full force they have hit the wall and hit the floor after we have tile and have no broke I have seizures will I tend to throw things......mine are wherewith blue flowers I would writebto corell
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommab679
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:38 PM

I am sorry but we were at a couples house and she was saying how corelle plates dont break so she just invested in them and sure enough one drops from her hand and shatters. It was one of those moments where all we could do was laugh!

lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:39 PM

Yeah, we had a Corelle plate that dropped and shattered all the way into the living room. :(

mommab679
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:39 PM

Quoting KellyOh72:

Email the company and bitch them out! I bet you get free dishes.

Hope he can get all the stuff cleaned.

KRMomma
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:39 PM

Sorry but they are right they DON'T chip or break the normal way. They shatter into a million and one fucking little slivers. Hate Correlle

lovinlife13
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:40 PM
I have dropped mine on my garage floor just testing it lol and it never broke...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dipsetgrl06
by Gold Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:40 PM
Mine have never broke and boy I have dropped a few many times. Sorry yours broke.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heatherhall29
by Gold Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:41 PM

They don't break they shatter :) sorry I would call them and see if they will replace them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)