Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She wont stop drinking

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:40 PM
  • 11 Replies

Growing up with an alcoholic mother sucked the big one. I remember having to put her to bed. I remember her screaming and knocking shit over and falling asleep on the toilet. I remember she almost crashed the car and i had to make her park and send my little brother out looking for a cab. I remember the smell and the glazed look in her eyes. I hate that smell. She still smells the same way when she drinks and it makes me nauseous. When i was really little and didnt understand about alcohol i remember thinking that "this isnt my mom its someone else and i hate when she comes. I want my real mom back". My mother is still drinking right now...since last night around 8. She belligerent and im surprised she can even see her eyes are so crossed. Can i stop her? No . She wont even eat....she would just yell at me. The smell is there....i will never do this to my children. EVER. Alcohol has become an acceptable evil.

by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tat2ma0825
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:42 PM

I am sorry.  I grew up with an alcoholic father.  I hope she finds help and stops. I will also never do that to my kids.  I was lucky enough to have my dad sober for a good number a years before he died.

KellyOh72
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:43 PM

Have you tried to get your mom help? I would assume you have and she has resisted. I watch alot of that show intervention. I am by no means an expert. But if you dont put yourself around your mom it may help her to get help..

Lillymygirl
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:44 PM

Leave . Are your children around her?

Devious103102
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:46 PM

=0(

Zuryplus3
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:46 PM

We live together. She doesnt come out of her room much anymore. She stays in there when she drinks....she'll go use the bathroom but thats about it.

Quoting Lillymygirl:

Zuryplus3
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:47 PM

She would never get help. Ive tried. She says its her life her choice.

Quoting KellyOh72:

Have you tried to get your mom help? I would assume you have and she has resisted. I watch alot of that show intervention. I am by no means an expert. But if you dont put yourself around your mom it may help her to get help..

lovinlife13
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:49 PM
(((((hugs)))))
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lillymygirl
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:50 PM

I don't want to be mean but then your children are going through itjust as you did growing up. I hope and pray you can move out of there.

Quoting Zuryplus3:

We live together. She doesnt come out of her room much anymore. She stays in there when she drinks....she'll go use the bathroom but thats about it.

Quoting Lillymygirl:

Crashly
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:51 PM

thats so sad. she wont accept help unless she wants it. the best thing you can do for her and your children is to kick her out of your life until she gets help. you dont want your kiddos knowing their grandma like this.

.Peaches.
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:51 PM

I can't imagine what you went through or what you're still going through....I've heard that children of alcholic parents  have it rough.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)