Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DOES ANYONE USE LINUX?! I HAVE A VERY QUICK QUESTION!

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 3:29 PM
  • 23 Replies

I am unable to view PDF files because we upgraded to a newer version of ubuntu linux.  Turns out it doesn't support the PDF reader we have.

I need to veiw a file for school, and I am unable to open the file through a MIME.   So DH told me to save it and open with a ' .TDF reader '.... I have no idea what a ' .TDF reader ' is... I looked all in the options and there are a lot of options to choose from, but I have no idea which one is a ' .TDF reader '. 

Does anyone know a name of a program that might be a TDF reader?  BTW, I really know nothing about computers so sorry.  I would call DH and ask but he is at work and unable to take personal calls right now.

by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 3:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Bryant1201
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 3:30 PM
No idea mama. Dh might, but he's working.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jaysmommy04
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 3:31 PM

Thanks =)

Quoting Mrs.Bryant1201:

No idea mama. Dh might, but he's working.

jaysmommy04
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 3:32 PM

BUMP!

jaysmommy04
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 3:33 PM

BUMP!

jaysmommy04
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 3:35 PM

BUMP!

jaysmommy04
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 3:39 PM

BUMP!

Mrs.BAT
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 3:44 PM

It should be able to read it if you double click, but try going to the software center and try to find a PDF reader (something Adobe is best). I've never heard of ".TDF"; are you sure you didn't mishear ".PDF"? They sound similar, and it's an easy mistake. DH and I are both looking into it (we have Ubuntu on our laptops, but we dual booted with Windows, just in case we need it in the future).

Mrs.BAT
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 3:46 PM

DH is looking into the .TDF, but he says that it seems like something that you shouldn't ever need. He said it looks like something that very few people would use.

Mrs.BAT
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 3:47 PM

What kind of trouble are you having opening it?

jaysmommy04
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 4:16 PM

Sorry I had to feed the kids. lol... We just upgraded to the new ubuntu.  For some reason it does not support PDF files.  So DH said ' for now' to use a TDF reader until he can get back to see what the problem is =(

Quoting Mrs.BAT:

DH is looking into the .TDF, but he says that it seems like something that you shouldn't ever need. He said it looks like something that very few people would use.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)