Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

hardest piece of history to learn about?

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 4:26 PM
  • 5 Replies
What was it for you?
For me it was learning about the Holocaust. I think I cried the whole time. I read anne franke many times watched the movies. Am watching a holocaust documentary on netflix right now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 4:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MrS.GiFFord
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 4:28 PM

Same with me!!! That one gets me the most....I even went to the museum in D.C. with my husband who is Jewish. 

sunkst
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 4:29 PM

The Holocaust.

Although, I had to do a report on the KKK when I was about 9 and that gave me nightmares too.

MultiPara
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 4:30 PM

All of the different Wars - just because a lot of them were so similar and they all mashed together for me.

Mrs.BAT
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 4:49 PM

There are a lot. The holocaust, the burning times/witch hunts... Plus, history tends to be written mostly by the "winning" side of things, so it's really hard to tell just how bad some things were.

TiredbutHappy1
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 4:59 PM

The Korean War. To this day I still don't know what the whole thing was about. I couldn't finish watching it because it just tore my heart thinking my grandfather had to fight in that war...middle of winter and in pain...they did surgery on him and sent him back in the field. To this day he won't talk about it. I feel so bad what he had to go through and just can't bring myself to learn about what happend during his time over there. :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)