Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stretch marks don't bother me

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 5:32 PM
  • 11 Replies

I have stretch marks but they don't really bother me. It's the fat that bothers me. I mean at least stretch marks can be hidden under clothes which fat can not. I was just thinking this because I see and hear so much about how women are trying to hide and get rid of stretch marks.

by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 5:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
emelymac
by Emely on Apr. 23, 2011 at 5:33 PM

Same here. Mine aren't that bad and it was never really a big deal to me to get rid of them.

epoh
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 5:33 PM
I was horrified when I first got stretch marks. I got them during my first pregnancy. It was only after complaining to girl friends that I learned that many females get them even before ever getting pregnant.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Deb79
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 5:34 PM
There my scars from motherhood.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Apr1l
by Platinum Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 5:34 PM

shapewear?

bebe_ju-rah
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 5:34 PM
I'm much happier since losing some weight, and I still do have stretchmarks. They only bother me when I'm at the beach or the pool with friends who don't have them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Apr. 23, 2011 at 5:35 PM

I was burned all over the front of my body when I was seven, stretch marks are the least of my troubles.

Laura1427
by ★Honey Badger★ on Apr. 23, 2011 at 5:38 PM

You haven't seen my stretch marks, then. lol

I care about them because my DH has to look at them when we make love. I wish I had a nice tummy for him to look at...but alas....I just have a road map.

LOL

Buxom.Bride
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 5:42 PM

I'm the same as you. The stretchmarks aren't what's bothersome, it the weight. I was never one to wear skimpy or revealing clothes( at least not ones that showed my mid-drift) prior to motherhood. So I'm guessing that's one reason they don't bother me like some. .

John 3:5 "Jesus answered. What I am about to tell you is true. No one can see God's Kingdom without being born again". NIV

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life".

Sirenabella
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 5:52 PM

I hate them. I don't feel hideous b/c of them or anything but I still hate them. I feel self conscious about them b/c I'm the only one in my family who got them. 

PotterMom218
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 5:54 PM

I had stretch marks at puberty, more so than when I had my son so they don't bother me. I don't like the loose skin and that damn thing called gravity!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)