Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel like a horrible mother, I will probably get bashed but have a question...

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 7:39 PM
  • 53 Replies
And I am too ashamed to call my mom and ask. My Ydd who is 6 1/2 months fell out of her high chair. It is one that connects to a regular chair. I set her down for a second to flip something in the oven and didn't buckle her in. She tried to flip over and fell over the arm of the chair. Her leg hit the table and she fell about a foot to the floor. Idk if she hit her head or not I only turned as she her leg hit the table and where I was standing I could not see her land. She has no bumps or bruises she is happy now and back to her normal self. This was like 30 min ago. What should I watch out for in case she did hit her head? I am too ashamed to call my mom and ask or even tell my husband. I feel like a horrible mother this isn't my first baby and I know better than to not buckle her down. Go ahead and bash but just need to know what to watch for too. Thank you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 7:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darlula
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 7:40 PM
Not sure. Here's a bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ISAIAHMOM632007
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 7:41 PM
Don't let her sleep.for a while, look for vomitting, acting confused, fussiness uncontrolled. We all have stupid mommy moments. Hugs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoveMyLos

if it was 30 minutes ago, shes fine. next time make sure you buckle her in! and youre not the first mom to do that! my dd at 2 months old, figured out how to flop herself out of her bouncy seat. imagine my surprise when i woke at 3am, and she is laying flat on her back on the floor snoring. lol

rennez
Keep her awake for a few hours and make sure her pupils aren't dilated. Any vomiting could also be a sign of concussion. Gl mama. Lots of us have had crazy accidents happen
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
XxCottonCandyxX
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 7:42 PM
bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JazzyMommyx3
You know accidents happen...watch her eyes not glassy or anything also when she sleeps wake her up every hour for the night for a few mins...hugs mama.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momof2boyskj
Watch out for sleepiness and weakness, I believe. Could be signs of concussion. Not sure so here's a bump.
And don't beat yourself up about it. Accidents happen. Dont forget you are human :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blessed107
by Ruby Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 7:42 PM

Don't beat yourself up. Don't let her fall asleep right now,just make sure she is coherent.

WhitleyLyles
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 7:43 PM
she is probably ok but still keep an eye on her.
Are you scared your mom will fuss at you?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alicia.bear
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 7:43 PM
(((hugs))) I know the feeling, dd learned how to roll over when she was on the couch. All I can say is wait an hour or two before letting her sleep. You're not a horrible mom
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)