Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you keep trying to get a certain gender child you want or have you? *added gender chart*

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 7:42 PM
  • 111 Replies

Well my cousin has 5 girls and want a boy so bad.  She said her and her DH will try until well hopefully she gets a boy.  Me& my DH have 3girls and want a boy but if next pregnancy no boy then we are done!  And would be happy with 4 little girls if it's meant to be for us! That's all me&DH can afford 4 total.  So would or did you keep trying to have a certain gender? Did you get that certain gender child? How many kids do you have? 

Here's a gender chart i found on ingender site chances of boys/girls

Family Size % Families with
Both Boys/Girls
% Families with
All Boys/Girls
Number of
Same-Gendered Families
2 Children 50% 50% 1 in 2
3 Children 75% 25% 1 in 4
4 Children 88% 12% 1 in 8
5 Children 94% 6% 1 in 17
6 Children 97% 3% 1 in 33
7 Children 98.4% 1.6% 1 in 63
8 Children 99.2% 0.8% 1 in 125

Lilypie - (41ux)                  

by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 7:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momof2boyskj
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 7:46 PM
No. I have two boys and we don't want any more children. I have two nieces so if I need a girl, I go get one and then send her back home lol ;-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mousehouser
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 7:47 PM
Yes. We have four girls and dh wants to keep trying for a boy. I'm not so sure... He is happy with his girls and adores them but really wants a boy to carry on the family name.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
southernjess3
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 7:47 PM

i have 3 girls. our 9 month old had her chance to grow a penis. she didnt. so my dh will be alone in the house with 4 pmsing girls

livyla
by Platinum Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 7:49 PM

No,   I have four kids. 

epoh
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 7:50 PM
I have a boy and a girl.

My aunt said the same as your cousin and ended up with 7 boys!

I read somewhere that if you don't have a child of both sexes by your fourth child, you most likely never will.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Honeybun09
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 7:51 PM

We were going to but got lucky that our second child was the gender we *really* wanted! Now we love having one of both. :) We'll have more though probably. I don't think we're done. Funny how things change.

Buxom.Bride
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 7:52 PM

No. My husband wants a boy. I honestly would like another girl. When the day comes that we have another if it isn't a boy we'll be done. It'll be what God wanted us to have. At least that's the plan for now. We currently have 1.  I have a cousin who is 25 and has 4 girls (all 5 & under). She wanted a boy & didn't get it. She'd done bc they tied her tubes. I'm pretty sure had her tubes not been tied she would have kept going. Which is dumb because they live in squalor & her husband is an alcoholic who won't get a job.

John 3:5 "Jesus answered. What I am about to tell you is true. No one can see God's Kingdom without being born again". NIV

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life".

Crashly

i wanted a girl the first time around and got one, i want a boy next and if i dont get one im done. dh has 3 children from a previous marriage so one more baby is more than enough :)

mommybug77

we have 4 girls. we wanted a boy, i am done though. i am goiing on 34 & have had 4 c-sections. after they wanted us to abort our 7 week old at 22 weeks we decided no more.

Sweet_Britt
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 7:53 PM

No way! I have 3 gorgeous boys! :D

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)