Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When is your child old enough????

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 7:50 PM
  • 20 Replies

Hello Ladies!!!

Today my friend and i were talking about our children. We wondered whats the real age a child should start having chores around the house.......like, dishes, keeping room clean and etc.  What's your opinion on the subject?

have

by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 7:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WhitleyLyles
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 7:52 PM
from the time they can walk they can help clean up toys. Then I say around four they should have to keep their room straight- like dirty clothes up and shoes where they go. Een taking out bathroom trash and such.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
epoh
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 7:52 PM
My DD is 3 and doesn't have assigned chores but is expected to help out. She cleans up her messes, puts her clothes in the hamper when dirty, helps me wipe the floor and table after dinner, etc. She's a huge help and I always let her know how much I appreciate it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JazzyMommyx3
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 7:53 PM
All my kids are expected to clean thiers rooms and my 6yr old sweeps the kitchen floor and feeds the cat..we are just. Know starting the extra chores besides their rooms
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nikkik526
by Gold Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 7:54 PM
I had to help with dishes (either wash, dry, or put away) starting at 5. But on the other hand my sister dosent make my 8 yr old niece do anything. When she stays the weekend here, i make her help me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Apr. 23, 2011 at 7:55 PM

Uhm Naeem is 4 and has been doing chores since he was 2!

JazzyMommyx3
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 7:55 PM
And they put their dishes in the sink and their clothes in the hamper...my 3 yr old loves to help me with laundry...so does my 4 yr old they like to help but only my 6yr old has chores that she is expected to do
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momof2Stepof3
by Platinum Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 7:57 PM

Well I try not to comment or ask about this on here. Last time I shared my chore list for my 10 and 12 year old and husband I was told that I was lazy and having my kids and husband doing all the work though I now work full time and go to school full. My kids started having chores from the time they could walk.

balow929
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 7:58 PM

My 2 year old and 4 year old both have chores that we judge on a daily basis using a chore chart. most of the stuff is manners and cleaning after themselves. they both also have to help feed and water. the cats

jaylahmicah
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 7:59 PM
My 2&3 year old clean their rooms and the living room
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JZB
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 7:59 PM
In most cases of they're old enough to make a mess by themselves they are old enough to start helping pick it up. My kids started having to pick up after themselves around 3 or 4th putting their clothes away at 5 6 dishes 9
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)