Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Signs Of Labor (aside from the obvious!) PIOG

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 7:53 PM
  • 14 Replies

I was browsing another website the other day, and there was a post about signs of labor that women experience aside from the typical- like your water breaking, lightening, contractions, etc. 

For example, one woman stated that her husband could accurately predict the birth of their children within 24hrs because she turned into a raving bitch out of the blue (let me tell you - THIS "sign" would definitely NOT be an indication to my poor DH!). Another woman said that she anti-nested the whole day before she went into labor that night. 

Anyways, that got me thinking. I have heard a lot of women say "I just knew", even without your typical symptoms. What are "signs" that you or someone you know may have experienced and swears indicates labor? 

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 7:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
meagansmama1009
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 7:58 PM

BUMP!

balow929
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 8:05 PM

I kept trying to kick Dh out of the kitchen cause all of a sudden I wanted to cook. but no dice he will not let me cook if he is home less than an hour later I started having regular contractions and went to the hospital I had my baby boy at 11:19 that night

epoh
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 8:07 PM
I always have to poop lol!! I get so backed up during pregnancy but labor clears me out. With all three pregnancies I had awful Braxton hicks from very early on so I would never know if it was early labour from that. But once I poop I know it's time to have a baby! *blushes*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iamcafemom83
by Rah-Rah on Apr. 23, 2011 at 8:08 PM
I don't have any--but my friend had back pains she kept complaining about (back labor, but still!!).
My mom cooked a whole lasagna dinner--from scratch before she went into labor with me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jasminemomof3
by (Queen of Laughter) on Apr. 23, 2011 at 8:12 PM

weird but true though, I started getting everything ready for the baby, clothes, baby crib,etc....I dont know what came over me that day but I felt just preparing for some reason....the very next day, I went into labor on a cta orange line...

meagansmama1009
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:17 PM

With my first baby I went through clothes and cleaned the nursery every day, so that wouldn't have helped any. This time, I am 4wks out from being due and STILL haven't gotten the nursery put together! LOL

Quoting Jasminemomof3:

weird but true though, I started getting everything ready for the baby, clothes, baby crib,etc....I dont know what came over me that day but I felt just preparing for some reason....the very next day, I went into labor on a cta orange line...

havenshalo
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:18 PM
I always got incredibly tired and would sleep for an entire day. Also the pooping thing lol..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
southernjess3
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:18 PM

with my third, i cleaned the house EVERY night, in case i went into labor. one night i said screw it, left the house a mess. woke up to a broken water at 4 am.

meagansmama1009
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:24 PM

BUMP!

Jasminemomof3
by (Queen of Laughter) on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:47 PM

Quoting meagansmama1009:

With my first baby I went through clothes and cleaned the nursery every day, so that wouldn't have helped any. This time, I am 4wks out from being due and STILL haven't gotten the nursery put together! LOL

Quoting Jasminemomof3:

well better hop to it cus it might happen anytime! lol 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)