Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stick it up your a$$ Miss Cake Lady....

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 8:48 PM
  • 10 Replies

So, I needed some white cake to make a dessert today, but was running out of time.  I asked a lady in the bakery at the local grocery store if I could just buy a 1/2 sheet of white cake, not decorated or iced and if I would have to order it or if they have it available. 

I couldn't hear her when she responded, so I said, "I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you."  She then she seriously rolled her eyes and yelled at me her answer with an attitude.  She said she could sell it to me and they have some right now, but it would be the same price as a decorated cake.  When she spoke back so loudly to me with the attitude, my eyes got really big and I said, "Okay" and walked away.

She realized what she had done and started kind of backstepping and told me she could get it for me right away.  So, I waited for her to get it.

A couple more questions came up about the price and some other things.  She kept acting really shitty to me.  I kept being as nice as could be thinking she may have had a bad day.

So, when she handed it to me, she said, "We really don't do this because we need the product, especially on Saturdays."

I felt like saying, "Bitch, I asked if I would have to order it or not.  Don't try to make me feel shitty because you are selling me an undecorated cake that I am paying full price for. "  Fuck, if she didn't want to sell it to me, why didn't she just say that I would have to order it.

I felt like reporting her bitchy self to management.

by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 8:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
myfoursonsks
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 8:56 PM

BUMP!

jennifert06
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 8:58 PM

you should have spoke to the managment and told them the situation and they probably would have done something about it, How rude, people are mean

blessed107
by Ruby Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:00 PM

Bump

WenisEnvy
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:00 PM

I'd report her. Obviously on a saturday they do enough cake to make it thru the day decorated or not. She needs to shove a full sheet cake UP her uptight freakin ass. I could see her coping an attitude if you wanted it free but you freakin paid for it. 

cherieb10
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:01 PM

I would report this. If she is that unhappy with her job, she needs to get another one.

texasmami86
Ugh I hate rude people.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aranna

you should have told management, even if she was having a bad day, your not sposedt oact like that with customers

iamcafemom83
by Rah-Rah on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:02 PM
Wow what a bitch!!! I don't understand people who take their stuff out on others.

What did the manager do for you?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
myfoursonsks
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:03 PM

That is what I kept thinking.  As I continued on my shopping trip, they did one of those team huddle type meetings they do to make people get hyped about their job.  The employees are made to cheer...lol.  She was attending it.  I bet she was faking the excitement for sure.

I just couldn't believe she yelled at me in the first place. I should have kept walking instead of letting her pull me back in.

Quoting cherieb10:

I would report this. If she is that unhappy with her job, she needs to get another one.

myfoursonsks
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:08 PM

I ended up not reporting her.  I was in a hurry and didn't want to deal with it.  I kind of wish I had though.  She was really crappy to me for no reason.

Quoting iamcafemom83:

Wow what a bitch!!! I don't understand people who take their stuff out on others.

What did the manager do for you?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)