Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you stare when you see child crying in the store?

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:31 PM
  • 36 Replies

We were at the mall today and DD wanted to go on the little rocket ship ride. She wasn't being very good so we told her no. She got upset and started crying. I heard a lady say behind us "Aww, all she wants is to go on the ride.". Whatever,I brushed it off. DH stopped and knelled down and explain to her that when she is bad she does not get what she wants. He was calm and did not yell at all. So DD stopped crying. The entire time DH was knelt down talking to her the lady STOPPED and turned around staring at DD and DH with her mouth wide open, as if DH was freaking beating DD. I said "Just doing some parenting, no need to rudely stare.". She turned around and walked away.

by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Fallaya
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:32 PM

I don't stare.  

"What you do speaks so loud that I cannot hear what you say" Ralph Waldo Emerson
kristy0833
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:32 PM

i have a kid i relieze kids cry.. so i just go on with my day

Jayzwife
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:33 PM
yup, i do. lol. i hate seeing kids acting up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MandaRose83
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:34 PM

I used to feel bad when I would see a kid crying out in public. Then I had kids of my own! lol! So no I don't stare. I usually just give a reassuring "I've been there" to the parent!

GonnaBMom
by Miss.Fortune on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:34 PM

LOL good for you i would of said something like that too, happy you said said something i hate people like that ugh mind your own business...

karabearblu
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:35 PM
I give an understanding look. I wouldn't say I stare. I wish that form of parenting would work for us. By the tine I get down to eye level with dd she would be halfway across the store.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Starr1089
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:35 PM
Nope,its none of my business lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eirejade
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:37 PM
I only stare if the crying starts to sound funny...I then stare to figure out if it's a breathing problem :) maybe the woman stared because she was shocked talking actually works?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SpiritFortress
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:37 PM

No, I do not stare when I see a child crying. I don't stare at anyone. I hate when people stare. It's annoying.

bribribri
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:39 PM

Oh, come on. Kids HAVE to act up, and be corrected, in order to know what is and is not acceptable. As a mother, you should know that and know better than to stare.

OP, I love what you said. I'm trying to be more like that. *high five!*

Quoting Jayzwife:

yup, i do. lol. i hate seeing kids acting up.

Photobucket

|Jamin.Abram.Emily|
.i.love.you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)