Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

should he or not?

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:49 PM
  • 7 Replies

Poll

Question: sign him up for kiddie kick?

Options:

yes

no

keep trying at home instead

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 11

View Results

my 4 year old has been telling us the last few days he wants to play soccer. wednesday was beautiful out so we went out and kicked our soccer ball around. he really didnt want to share the ball and kept wanting to pick it up and run around. when we would try to tell him no soccer we dont touch the ball with our hands he would get upset and eventually just went off and did his own thing while me and bf played. a friend told me about a league thats part of the soccer league here called "kiddie kick" its for kids 4 to 6 and teaches them the basics of soccer so no real games. and its $55 for each season the kids do

Quote:

Each session we will run the players through various station drills that will teach them the fundamentals of the game: ball control, passing and receiving, shooting, teamwork.  Each session will end with mini-games a on small field with small goals, usually 5 v 5 or 6 v 6.  No goal keepers are used at this age

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

breastfeeding,24 monthPhotobucket
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
lmthen
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:51 PM
I say yes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kristy0833
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:51 PM

stuff like that is good for kids..

mommaslilmen
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:57 PM

bump

1likeme
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:03 PM
I would go for it. Kids tend to learn more on a team because there isn't the parent child power struggle going on. It also gives them time to interact with other kids and builds the fundamentals of being on a team. At that age it's less about playing the game and more about instilling the fundamentals in a fun way. You also can't really beat 55 dollars either. That is a reasonable price.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
butterflies798
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:04 PM
I have a 4 year old and 5 year old playing. My 5 year old gets it. The 4 yr old would rather sit in the grass and play with her friend. Biggest waste of $44 I ever spent! I told dh we should wait a year but dd really wanted to play and dh didnt think it was fair to let the others and not her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommaslilmen
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:30 PM

thats what i told bf, he seems to think that learning with his age group wont matter

Quoting 1likeme:

I would go for it. Kids tend to learn more on a team because there isn't the parent child power struggle going on. It also gives them time to interact with other kids and builds the fundamentals of being on a team. At that age it's less about playing the game and more about instilling the fundamentals in a fun way. You also can't really beat 55 dollars either. That is a reasonable price.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

breastfeeding,24 monthPhotobucket
mommaslilmen
by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 1:27 AM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)