Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I thought my son was dead (long)

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:22 PM
  • 42 Replies

While I was taking a hiatus from CM, I had a horrible thing happen to me that I was never able to vent about. Here is my story:

I have a son that is almost 16 that is severely mentally ill.  He has had obvious problems since 15 months old.  He has been very unstable the last couple of years.  We have been focusing just on keeping him alive at this point.

(I am going to leave out parts of the story to keep it from getting too long)

Anyway, I got a call one day that the police needed to break into my home to check on the welfare of an occupant.  Well, it wasn't MY home they were talking about. It was my ex's home that lives 1900 miles away.  So, I called my ex to find out what was going on. He ad no idea.

It ended up that we realized our son that has a history of mental health issues was home alone.  My ex and
I started freaking because we knew the police had reason to suspect someone in the home was in danger. 

My ex left work and while I was on the phone with him, he pulled up to his house.  I heard him let out a gasp and he said, "Omg, the entire neighborhood is filled with police cars and they are all at the house. I've got to go."

He hung up. At this time, I just knew that my son had finally went through with it.  I spent the next 20 minutes hysterical with thoughts of my little boy lying there dead.  I finally got my ex back on the phone and he was fine.

How did all this happen?  My oldest son who will be 18 this year made a comment on his FB about his parenting class.  He had to watch a video on childbirth that day and he said they showed everything all zoomed in with amniotic fluid running out and everything. So, he said on his FB, "If I ever have to watch another parenting video like that again, I will kill myself." Okay, not the best comment, but pretty typical of a teenage boy.

One of his friend's grandmas saw his post as her grandaughter was looking and called the police.  She told the police that my son said he was going to kill himself and didn't explain the context of the status.

So, because this old b*tch didn't want to give the whole story, we were totally traumatized. Suicide is a very real possibility in our home.  She has no idea what she put us through. It was the most horrible feeling ever.

by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WhitleyLyles
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:23 PM
bump
Im sorry :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tharealty2
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:25 PM

I'm sorry you had to go thru that.

..A5HL3Y..
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:26 PM
Wow. I'm sorry :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kristy0833
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:26 PM

:(

Mama07Shorty
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:27 PM

i'm  so sorry mama's what a dumbass bitch she was

.Peaches.
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:27 PM

Wow...I don't know what to say....

Are you guys seeking any kind of help or medications for him?

pixxydust
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:28 PM
I have been there with my sister so I truly know how you feel
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Laura1427
by ★Honey Badger★ on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:28 PM

Holy crap! I would have known that your son was not serious by saying that.

I am so sorry that happened. (((hugs)))

myfoursonsks
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:29 PM

Yes, it has been a long time battle.

Quoting .Peaches.:

Wow...I don't know what to say....

Are you guys seeking any kind of help or medications for him?

jaytee
by Platinum Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:30 PM
*hugs* I'm sorry you had to experience that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)