Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This is really disturbing to me!!!

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:38 PM
  • 14 Replies

First of all I would like to say as a licensed childcare provider this story and all other bad stories piss me off to no end! There are way more good than bad. And even though not everything can be foreseen, parents really need to take HUGE steps of making sure that they leave their precious children in safe loving hands, and safe conditions!
There. Now on with my news. I just found out that someone I know ( but not close with) is planning to start a daycare in her home...again. I sure hope that Wisconsin has good daycare licensing laws! I don't even know how she managed a daycare in the past. I remember as a child her house being in horrible condition! She let the kids run around and do whatever they wanted. And she was always yelling at the top of her lungs. Well one day she took it too far and hit one of the kids. She got her license taken away and went to jail.
I found she is starting daycare up by an email forwarded by a family member asking people to help her out with money to get her house in order. When I asked this family member WTH is going on she said that she isn't actually doing it. Her 22 yr old daughter is doing is out of her moms house, giving her the money and in return she can live there and get spending money. I am so upset! I know in Minnesota they do background checks on all persons living in the house 12 yrs and older and I'm pretty sure its the same in Wisconsin.
Anyways I asked this family member " do you really think this is a good idea? Especially with her past?" And she says " I think she is fine, she was just going through a rough time because her mom had just past away" UGH!

Vent over

I was also going to ad that either this lady is really dumb in thinking she can get her house licensed with her background or they are going to go unlicensed and do daycare illegally. Im thinking they aren't getting one and my family is naive! 

by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
IanAndMillasMom
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:40 PM

Hopefully these parents will use sense enough to ask for a background check on every adult in the house. 

momto31979
wow i hope she isnt able to do it. it does not sound like a good situation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stockuponlove
Uh no. I'm with you op
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IanAndMillasMom
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:41 PM

Just to add, I think it's so sad that she's doing this.  I'm praying this stops before it starts!

ladyvamp5489
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:42 PM

Quoting momto31979:

metalhealthmom
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:43 PM
this

Quoting ladyvamp5489:

Quoting momto31979:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:43 PM
I just can't even imagine her getting a license so they are probably going to do it illegally. If any parent leaves their child at that home they have to be crazy!

Quoting IanAndMillasMom:

Just to add, I think it's so sad that she's doing this.  I'm praying this stops before it starts!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sleepyone00
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:44 PM
The difference in Wisconsin is you don't need a license to have a daycare. Only if you want state aid. So she could go through with it. My mom had one when we were little sand was never licensed and a friend does it out of her home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MisfitInTN
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:46 PM

thats why my son is at a daycare/preschool center and not an individual. His teachers are wonderful and so is the director. I have never had to worry about anything while he has been there

star33
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:46 PM
Scary.well,hopefully u r right,parents will ck them out & decide against it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)