Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you think you get judged more because you have tattoos or piercings? (Discussion with DH)

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:41 PM
  • 44 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you think you get judged more for having tattoos or piercings?

Options:

Yes

No

No more, no less

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 63

View Results

Dh and I both have visible large tattoos (arms, back, shoulders), his ears are gauged, I have two earrings in each ear, and I also have a naval ring.  Since dinner, we've gotten into a deep discussion on whether people will judge you because of just that when they first see you.  He said to get on here and see what you ladies thought.  So, whether you have any or not, do you think you get judged more because you have tattoos or piercings?

If you want to know our positions, Dh says yes and always, I say not necessarily.

by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
naumann24
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:55 PM
Depends on the person really. Where my son use to go to school he wasn't allowed to be friends with a kid because my tongue was pierced and I had tats. People tend to judge others on apperance of tats and such and its stupid. Not all people but a good amount of them. Do I care? No. I am a great person and so are my kids and if you want to judge them or me because of tats or piercings than its your loss were not in your life. In my opinion.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SamoandTimBug
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:58 PM
Yes, you do. I don't like it, but it is what it is. All my tats are where they can be covered for work for that reason. (But I dream of having a job where visible tats are accepted or even encouraged.)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
whyfie
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:00 PM
def! i actually had a "good friend" tell me he wouldn't hire me cuz my tongue is pierced. i couldn't believe it being that he actually knows me. he also said he knew plenty of ppl that wouldn't hire me as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rockabilly_ma13
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:04 PM

we get judged for both....  i think the tatts me and hubby have several and we get more looks for them then we do for the peircings..

whyfie
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:04 PM
yeah all of my tats r covered 4 work & piercings removed (except 4 my ears). i'm in the process of becoming a chef...tats & piercings r widely accepted.

Quoting SamoandTimBug:

Yes, you do. I don't like it, but it is what it is. All my tats are where they can be covered for work for that reason. (But I dream of having a job where visible tats are accepted or even encouraged.)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Laura1427
by ★Honey Badger★ on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:04 PM

Yes, I think you are.

I have one tattoo, on a part of my body that most people will never see (on my upper back).

I don't really judge people based on tattoos, but i do believe others do. Definitely.

momma2b2008
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:07 PM
Me personally don't like it when I see people espically employes with gaged piercings I think its completely unprofessional. You may be the nicest most responsible person ever. But I don't want to see huge holes in the people I see working. And I may be completely wrong in my thinking, but there is nothing anyone can say to me to change my mind!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-MakeMeBad-
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:07 PM
Yes I do. Do I really care if others are judging me? Nope, sure don't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PollyMarie
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:08 PM

I know for a fact that you are judged more because of tattoos and piercings. If not why would so many businesses make employees cover their tattoos and piercings. I have permanent toe rings and was made to cover them with band-aids when I wore open toe shoes or sandals in the classroom.

blessed107
by Ruby Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:09 PM

No, because I don't have either.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)