Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you trust your BIG dog? how long have u had the dog? what breed

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:11 PM
  • 37 Replies

is it????????????? THANK YOU!

by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Elevenhounds
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:12 PM

I had Rhodesian Ridgebacks and they were great with the kids.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
natty31105
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:13 PM

I dont have my dogs anymore, but I literally trusted them with my life. They were both pit bulls. the oldest one my husband had for about 13 years, and the youngest about 7 years.

Rydersmommy616
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:17 PM

have a 12 wk boxer and I either will trust him or it wont work

Katie6382
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:18 PM
We have a Great Dane and while he is great with the kids I would never fully trust any dog with children. He is a little over a year old and already weighs 140lbs. He let's the kids crawl all over him even while chewing a bone, but I am always keeping a close eye on him. I worked as an animal control officer and have seen way too many kids mauled by their family pet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happymama0609
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:19 PM

Yes, I trust sammie with my life. He is a great dane/black lab mix. Mostly great dane. He is beautiful and so sweet and he will be 6 this year.

randi1978
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:21 PM

Well, it's my parents' dog.  A German Shepherd.  Her name is Kacie.

She was acquired as a puppy shortly after the family rottie passed away.  Other than the 15 months we lived out of state, her and my dd have practically grown up together.  Kacie is only 6 months older than my daughter.

She is so protective of Michelle.  When we had first gotten back to our home-state, we got nailed with a bad snow.  Me, my mom and my daughter were all out playing and throwing snowballs.  I kept pegging my daughter with a few.  Kacie kept nipping me behind the knees!!!!!  That shit hurt.

happymama0609

Here are my dogs, Sammie is on the left all curled up and the smaller puppy is Havoc.

Quoting happymama0609:

Yes, I trust sammie with my life. He is a great dane/black lab mix. Mostly great dane. He is beautiful and so sweet and he will be 6 this year.

mama2drakeNabby

I LOVE my Tyson.  He's an American Bulldog/Boxer mix, 3.5yrs old, about 60lbs.  His original owners were trying to raise him to be a fighting dog, but he refused.  So they let their other much bigger dogs attack Tyson and leave him for dead.  Someone found him, brought him back to good health, and then we got him when he was about 1.5yrs.  

He is the biggest baby you will ever meet.  He thinks he's a lap dog.  He is SO SO SO gentle with the kids.  My 9mo old will crawl over to him and start playing with his face, and Tyson just lays there licking her :)  I would be devastated if anything ever happened to him :(

We also just got a White German Shepard puppy, she's 3mos old.  She is just a puppy, so she's still rambunctious.  But, I think that since we got her so young, we will be able to raise her in a loving environment and she will be a great dog.

KyliesMom5
by Platinum Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:22 PM

I have three dogs. My biggest dog is a flat-coat retriever lab mix. He is 80 pounds and I trust him with my daughter and the people he knows well.  I have had to watch him with certain people in the past. He is not an aggressive dog, he is typically a goofy happy dog. He is a clown. but he can read people really well and when he felt we were being threatened has protected us.  Beau is 6 years old and we have had him for 4 years.

My other two dogs are pit bull mixs.  Reagan is my oldest dog and weighs about 50 ibs.  She was adopted when she was about 7 months old and is 8 1/2 years old now. She is a very submissive and wimpy dog.  I have had to work with her because she was afraid of people. But she is a sweet, loving, smart dog. She is wonderful with people. I have never had to worry about her with anyone. She sleeps with my daughter almost every night.

T.C is my youngest dog. He is 1 1/2 years old.  He is a pit bull mix but is only about 35-40 pounds. We found him when he was 6 weeks old on the streets in horrible condition.  He is the sweetest guy. He is great with every one.

Rydersmommy616
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:24 PM

its weird to have a boxer puppy..  im afraid of big dogs.   but i knw i will raise him right.. no im hoping there is no need to be afraid

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)