Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I the only one not doing easter?

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:36 PM
  • 32 Replies

We celebrate the partying aspect of easter but not the easter baskets and church...that makes us sound like bad people who only care about partying. lol oh well. 

What I mean is, the only celebrating we do for Easter is going to Easter egg hunts. I don't make charlotte a basket or go to church because we are not religious and I have absolutely no idea what baskets filled with teeth rotting candy has to do with anything. 

We go to Easter egg hunts because they are fun and we get to spend time with great friends who John and I haven't seen in ages and some have never even met Charlotte. 

Do you do the whole easter basket thing? 

by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Famousglm714
by Gina on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:37 PM
We probably will but our son is just a baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momto31979
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:37 PM

I dont do easter

thehickinhickor
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:38 PM
Nope none of it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
A.J.s_mommy
by Ruby Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:39 PM
Yes we do! Our family always celebrated Easter when I was younger, and I will continue to do so with AJ.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mazzyk
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:39 PM
We do. Easter baskets dont need to be filled with candy. In the past i've filled my kids baskets with fun spring toys (balls, bubbles, chalk), filled with books...its also a fu way of welcoming spring, i hide easter eggs and then hide their baskets. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stephanie2107
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:40 PM
Nope. Not really a holiday person except birthdays, Christmas and the 4th of July.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mazzyk
Suppose to be 'a FUN way' lol

Quoting mazzyk:

We do. Easter baskets dont need to be filled with candy. In the past i've filled my kids baskets with fun spring toys (balls, bubbles, chalk), filled with books...its also a fu way of welcoming spring, i hide easter eggs and then hide their baskets. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pookah1203
by Platinum Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:40 PM
I do Easter. We do the baskets, but I limit the candy. we do a traditional early dinner. I'm not very religious- but its a family thing. I love everyone getting together and just having a great day... yes, we make our own meaning for this holiday, but- it was originally pagan anyway haha.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyiverson22
We do baskets, egg hunts and dinner. I did it when I was younger and love to keep family traditions Alive...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheatreMom97
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:42 PM
I used to do baskets filled with small toys & very little candy. Now that my DS is 13 we do nothing. He's not interested in toys or candy. Also we're not religious so we don't do church or anything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)