Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

S/O do you have a small/toy breed dog?

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:36 PM
  • 25 Replies
If so was your furbaby raised around kids since birth, do you trust him/her around your kid(s)? Where does your tiny one sleep at? What breed is he/she, how old and how long have you had him or her?

We have a Yorkshire Terrier, her name is Minnie. We have had her since Dec 1st 2010. She is almost 8 months old now and weighs 2.9lbs. I trust her fully as she was raised around kids since birth and came into my home. My kids adore her, I just have to watch my 3yr old dd Emmalee around her. I know she loves her but can seriously injure her. I think my kids consider Minnie to be a sibling and she is like one of my kids to me. Pics of her are in my mobile uploads album.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyiverson22
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:38 PM
Aww we have a yorkie-poo who is also 8 months old. He is 5lbs and would not hurt a flee. My kids absolutely adore him and he sleep on his bed inside a crate At night. Do u have a pic of yours? Im mobile or I would post one
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stephanie2107
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:43 PM
I have pics of her on my page in the mobile uploads albums and pics on my phone I can send.

Quoting mommyiverson22:

Aww we have a yorkie-poo who is also 8 months old. He is 5lbs and would not hurt a flee. My kids absolutely adore him and he sleep on his bed inside a crate At night. Do u have a pic of yours? Im mobile or I would post one

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elevenhounds
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:46 PM

I have two littles:

My maltipoo, Baggins and my daughter's schnoodle, Sheena

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Pammy313
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:49 PM

My almost 3 year old Shih-poo

------Pammy------

shortyalicia
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:53 PM

This is my furbaby Roxie. She is a rat terrier/chihuahua mix.  She just turned a year old a couple of weeks ago.  We got her when she was 4 months old.   She is wonderful around kids, I trust her around my 9 yo dd.

KyliesMom5
by Platinum Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:55 PM

The smallest dogs that I have had was a westie/schnauzer mix and an American cocker.  Wookie was the mix and was awesome with family. She was like an old soul and knew something was differant about my oldest sister who is MR. Wookie looked out for her. But if she thought we were being threatened or attacked she would not hesitate to attack that person. She actually bit a little boy because for one thing he antagonized her and he made like he was attacking my brother.  We did trust Wookie even around strangers. She was actually a very sweet dog and liked to be around people.   Wookie was 2 years old when we adopted her.   She was an awesome dog  and is still missed by my sister. She died about 16 years ago. Wookie mostly slept in her crate but would occationally sleep with one of us kids. 

Shelly was the cocker and she was great with everyone,but dumb as a brick. She had a big heart though and brought so much joy into our home.  We trusted her with everyone.  She slept in a crate.

AnastasiaKorsh
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:58 PM

I trust my pap around DS, but not my pom. He is very timid I've had him since he was 6 weeks old and he has always been timid around anyone except me. He will like DS when he's a bit older and knows how to handle him properly.

katiegirl
by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 12:06 AM
I have a chihuahua, she was around kids since birth. She sleeps with my daughter or me, also with my mom. I absolutely trust her around my daughter, she's amazing with her, I can't believe the things she let's Trinity do with her. She just turned 3 in February and I have had her since 8 weeks, but saw her from the time she was born til we got her. She's my baby lover! Such a sweetheart!
Damali0812
by Gold Member on Apr. 24, 2011 at 2:13 AM

I got my pomeranian from a shelter. He was raised by a little old lady whos son was abusive to him. I trust him around my kids completely and DH took extra time to make sure he knew that not all men are animal abusers. He is a great addition to our family!

Les1951
by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 11:26 AM

I got (rescued) my papillon from a breeder of show dogs.  She was very skinny and at 2 1/2 years old only weighted 4 pounds.  She is now 7 and weighs 6 pounds.  At first she was very timid.  Now she thinks she owns the hood and is great with kids. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)