Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

My son just told me to f*** off

Posted by on May. 12, 2011 at 7:39 PM
  • 607 Replies

So, I went online and blocked all of his texting and data on his phone. It should take effect in a few more minutes.  It won't be long before he realizes it.

Things are about to get fun.

UPDATE~~

So, he just came back upstairs and asked if we could go to the Sprint store.  I said, "Why?" all innocently.  He said, "Because when I try to text, it says 'blocked'".

I said, "I know" and he asked, "What do you mean?"  I said, "I did that."  Then I took someone's advice and said, "This is what it looks like when I fuck off"...lmao.

He said, "What did I do?"  I said, "You told me to fuck off."  He said, "Well, you made me mad."  My response, "Well, this is what I do when I get mad."

He said that it was stupid and went back downstairs.

Update #2~~  He just came up and asked me to please turn his stuff back on.  I told him he is not allowed to talk to me that way or there will be consequences.  He said he knows he isn't supposed to, but he just got mad.  I said, "Well, maybe next time you are mad you will think before opening your mouth."  He said, "I didn't do anything wrong besides tell you to fuck off."

Lol..gee.  Well, I asked him what he thought he should do in a situation where he was so disrespectful to someone. He couldn't figure it out. I said, "Well, when you are ready to apologize and mean it...let me know."

He said, "I did apologize!"  Of course, he didn't. Maybe in his own wacky mind he did.  He went back downstairs and slammed the door behind him. Oh well, guess it stays off for awhile.

Update #3~~ Well, he came up begging me to turn it back on and I refused.  He punched a hole in the wall and I called the police. They are on their way to come pick him up.

Update #4~~ So, the police came and got him.  They are taking him for intake at the JDC as a "child in need of care". I didn't charge him with the property destruction, but told them I don't want him back here tonight.  My son has battled mental illness since 15 months old.  He is almost 16.  He was sent to his dad's 8 months ago to "straighten out" because he was hurting my other children, cutting himself, threatening suicide, flailing knives around, running away, doing property destruction and started getting physical with me. I held him by his arm once to force him to stand and listen to me to tell him he can't act this way and it turned into a felony child abuse investigation for me.  It was obviously dropped.

I have been instructed by his psychiatrists to call the police if he: threatens suicide, physically agresses, harms himself, runs away or does property damage.  He is not controllable.  This is the way it has to be handled.

I can't have this around my other children.

Update #5~~ The intake people called. They said they decided to keep him overnight and that the shelter he was placed in will call me tomorrow.

Update #6~~ So, SRS called me and said he will remain in police protective custody  up to 72 business hours.  They are keeping him over the weekend for sure.  They are going to ask the local mental health agency to get him screened for  the need to enter a Psychiatric Residential Treatment Facility. (PRTF) Hopefully, we may be finally on the path to get him the help he needs. The caseworker from SRS is going to call him and tell him that he is going to stay for now. He is going to give him permission to call me if he wants. 

Here is a pic of the hole in the wall.  It isn't major, but considering I just had 40k in remodeling and repairs done to my home, I didn't really want to see it tore up again.

by on May. 12, 2011 at 7:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Stephanie2107
by on May. 12, 2011 at 7:39 PM
Good for you. Serves him right to talk to you that way!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pink_Sunshine
by on May. 12, 2011 at 7:40 PM

How dare him!

mommymelissa76
by on May. 12, 2011 at 7:41 PM

I would've done the same...thats unacceptable!

Maddies_mom101
by on May. 12, 2011 at 7:41 PM

you did the right thing momma!!

bmom7210
by Silver Member on May. 12, 2011 at 7:41 PM

Quoting Stephanie2107:

Good for you. Serves him right to talk to you that way!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happymommy1105
by Platinum Member on May. 12, 2011 at 7:42 PM
Holy cow. He is lucky that is all he gets!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs_Ron
by on May. 12, 2011 at 7:42 PM

You handled that a lot better than I would have I think. Lol

3gals
by on May. 12, 2011 at 7:42 PM

Wow!! Which son?

RoseWall
by Platinum Member on May. 12, 2011 at 7:42 PM

LOL. *high fives you*

MommeeTo4
by Livin w NF1 on May. 12, 2011 at 7:43 PM
Muwahaha lol good plan mama
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)