Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

5th Birthday ideas!

Posted by on May. 13, 2011 at 2:50 PM
  • 7 Replies

This monster (also known as Gabrielle) will be turning the ripe old age of 5 next month! Shes been all over the place with what theme she wants for her party and I have no clue what to do! She has said Tinkerbell, bugs, ocean, fish, horses and flowers. I know in the end it will have to be up to me but I dont know what to do! I know its easier to go with a movie/ character theme since they make Tinkerbell bday stuff already but Im sick of those over used themes tjat every kid has! Help! Any ideas we could do that would be fun, cheap and easy?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 13, 2011 at 2:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
GaBrIeLlEsMaMa
by on May. 13, 2011 at 2:57 PM
Really..nobody?? Maybe I should change the title..lol...anything that screams drama gets lots of replys..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
socalkatie
by on May. 13, 2011 at 2:59 PM
I did a school theme for my 5 year old. I used primary colors. I had fish line hanging from the ceiling with clothes pins that held construction paper letters, numbers, apples, school buses etc. her happy birthday sign was made out of the construction paper letters. I made a huge school bus out of butcher paper and stuffed it. For food I made school type food. For the candy bar I found letter cookies a-dd fruit snacks. The goody bags were pencil boxes with crayons, pencils and easers. On the primary table cloths I did white butcher paper runners with sponge painted letters. The centerpieces were sponge painted lunch bags with school bus molded chocolate on pretzels rods.
BananaMuffins
by on May. 13, 2011 at 3:01 PM

Since you said she likes ocean, fish, bugs, etc. sounds like she likes animals..what about doing a safari or zoo themed party?

There's some cute ideas here: http://www.marthastewart.com/269020/party-decorating-ideas-animal?czone=entertaining%2Fkids-birthday-parties%2Fkids-parties-themed

Or you could just google "zoo themed birthday parties" or something like that.

psychobilly_mom
by on May. 13, 2011 at 3:02 PM

Toy Story!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
socalkatie
by on May. 13, 2011 at 3:04 PM
Oh and I made a school bus cake. For the cupcakes I used chocolate covered wafers with white letters and numbers written on them, to look like cupboards. I put a white mike and ike on them for the chalk and a red hot and drew a green stem for am Apple.
psychobilly_mom
by on May. 13, 2011 at 3:04 PM

Worked for my monster :D , but yeah maybe a zoo or jungle theme would be unique and awesome .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsDuNn06
by on May. 13, 2011 at 3:06 PM

do a luau!!!  you could do a beach, fish, ocean theme all in one. and right now there is a ton of luau stuff at the doller tree if you have one near you.

i love them, to the moon and back <3

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)