Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Called COPS on creepy neighbor ... but no word (UPDATED! NEW POLL!)

Posted by on May. 14, 2011 at 2:27 PM
  • 158 Replies

Poll

Question: Okay well apparently you can't delete and edit the poll. Whoops.

Options:

Never

Mind

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 14

View Results

PLEASE READ THIS AND HELP. I have no idea what I'm going to do and what I should do? I need an outside opinion.

A couple of months ago we got new neighbors. Fine. Well they have a child that's not the same race as they are. Fine too. The thing is ... they seem a little weird. Little boy cries a lot in the morning. They're super permissive with him (i.e. lets him run around on balcony naked. he's about 4? screams and cries as if he's younger) Anyway ... it's not my style but still wasn't a huge concern.

The thing is there's been a handful of abductions around the area. All involving the same colored car they have. And today there was a new one matching a couple letters on the license plate.

They've just always given me an "off vibe." Can't explain WHY ...they just did.

Just to let you know I'm not the type of call CPS and get the police involved needlessly. I don't do this.... it just doesn't seem right. Then again what if it's not? I don't want to put innocent people through this ...

So what do you think? Call it in or shrug it off?

***EDIT***

So I posted this about a week ago, and haven't heard a thing since. No abductions, no cops ... no nothing. 

Yesterday me and my SO spoke with the neighbor for the first time, and he gave both of us the creeps. Does wear glasses, by the way ... and always has a change of clothes with him. Just ... strange. After he brought the boy in he went back down to the car to bring in some bedding. Just kinda strange, because I was under the assumption that he works all day and the child stays at home with the woman.

But anyway ... the kid was naked and on the back deck in less than 15 minutes. He's 4 ... probably closer to 5. And he won't tell my kids his name when he asks.

Just strange. I've been kinda researching, but nothing has came up.

Kinda sucks though because the vibe they give off makes me feel very uncomfortable in my own home. I mean ... even when we have guests over the child is running around on his balcony barefoot (it's wooden and probably old. Wouldn't dare walk on it barefoot :-/) and usually naked. He's always dressed in sort of ratty clothes ... and rides a girl's bike.

Which is fine and dandy by me, just not what I would expect with the child being adopted. I'm not really familiar with that sort of thing though ...

Advice? Help? Hell ... tell me that I'm being a crazy bitch, PLEASE, if you see no reason to be concerned. I just can't shake off th feeling! 

by on May. 14, 2011 at 2:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
collegemama2one
by on May. 14, 2011 at 2:28 PM

Call the police and report  the car.

supermama322
by Made in Canada on May. 14, 2011 at 2:28 PM

I'd call for more details to see if there's any other similarities etc

Daynaof3
by on May. 14, 2011 at 2:29 PM

If they are innocent then they won't be in trouble, better to be safe than sorry!

ErinNYC
by on May. 14, 2011 at 2:30 PM

Quoting Daynaof3:

If they are innocent then they won't be in trouble, better to be safe than sorry!

*I'm Australian so read all my posts with an Australian accent*

styler7
by Gold Member on May. 14, 2011 at 2:30 PM
Call the police, a lot of cases are solved on tips.. You never know! It's worth calling..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Forget-me-not
by on May. 14, 2011 at 2:31 PM

Quoting ErinNYC:

Quoting Daynaof3:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xxxAthena

I'd call it in..better safe than sorry and you can do it anonymously. if it is their child..biologically or adoptive..they will have the paper work to simply prove so.

suzy1125
I would call just in case. Just tell the cops what you told us about the car and the plates. Better safe then sorry. I called americas most wanted one time. I knew of this guy that had alot of similarties as a guy they were looking for. I would call if I were you.
Jayzwife
call and get all the details. the last thing u need are pissed off neighbors.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on May. 14, 2011 at 2:32 PM

call it in.  Your intuition may be right and you may save lives doing so.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN