Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Burger King NOW ACCEPTING FOOD STAMPS *EDIT*

Posted by on May. 19, 2011 at 2:43 AM
  • 154 Replies
2 moms liked this

WTF?!! I went to burger king in Santa Monica today, and there was a huge sign there, saying "Now accepting EBT, Foodstamps and Cash"....I repeat..WTF?!! You're not supposed to be allowed to buy anything hot with foodstamps...so what the hell are they allowing you to buy? This is fucking ridiculous...I'm on welfare, and I think it's fucked up. I was shocked..to say the least...Just...wow...

Thoughts?

Ok well reading through the replies, and links that were provided, I've come to understand that the resturaunts that accept foodstamps is for homeless people. I understand and sympathize with that. In Fl, from what I've heard, homeless people can't get foodstamps. So I'm not used to thinking about homeless people using it. Although I've always thought that's who it should mainly focus on. My question now is, how do they determine who is homeless or not? Or do homeless people get a special EBT card? And some of you women came here bashing me for bitching about something "
Your tax dollars" pay for. Get a life. I pay taxes too. I have before I got on welfare, I will when I get off, and I do everytime I buy something at the store.  And you're damn right I'm bitching about it. EVERY one needs to bitch and cause an uproar when something that's supposed to supplement and help you get by, is being abused in a fattening fast food resturaunt. YOU are contributing to the problem, by NOT getting upset. By NOT fighting for these issues to be taken care of. I UNDERSTAND these special cases are for the homeless. I'm OKAY with that. I'm NOT okay with people abusing this who are NOT homeless. Who HAVE means to cook and prepare their food. I also feel foodstamps should NOT be allowed to buy junk food. Yes, people on welfare ARE entitled to treats, but it is NOT a necesseity. If anything, I think foodstamps should allow a certain amount of money to spend on "junk" or treats a month. To ensure that families are being fed healthy food nutritious food. Not people spending it all on microwave dinners because they are too damn lazy to cook a meal for themselves or their children. Once again, this does NOT apply to disabled and homeless, or even elderly persons.

by on May. 19, 2011 at 2:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xxlilmomma09
by on May. 19, 2011 at 2:45 AM
Wow. That is ridiculous.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
afwifeandmommy3
by on May. 19, 2011 at 2:46 AM

Quoting xxlilmomma09:

Wow. That is ridiculous.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
missmegan09
by on May. 19, 2011 at 2:47 AM

huh im lost how is it possible

mommyof11050307
by Ruby Member on May. 19, 2011 at 2:48 AM
1 mom liked this

how can they buy burger king but yet they can't go into the store and buy already cooked chicken?

hot_mommy_of2
by on May. 19, 2011 at 2:49 AM
1 mom liked this

wow. what a way to blow through tax payers money and make the fat and lazy ppl that misuse (MISUSE key word) govt help even more fat and lazy that way they will never get off of it.

crysjuls
by on May. 19, 2011 at 2:50 AM
Subway takes food stamps, too!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
funmommy123
by Ruby Member on May. 19, 2011 at 2:50 AM
Really? I've seen signs at bk and other fast food saying now accepting ebt, but it doesn't say food stamps.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SoLuvlei
by on May. 19, 2011 at 2:51 AM
Wow
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Famousglm714
by Gina on May. 19, 2011 at 2:51 AM
Tubby's here takes EBT and so do some fish places. Idk if they take FS.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xxlilmomma09
by on May. 19, 2011 at 2:51 AM
EBT means food stamps.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN