Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Headaches During Pregnancy?

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:05 AM
  • 21 Replies

I've had migraines since i was 15. I usually just head to the ER when I can't take it anymore. 

But with this pregnancy, I've had them CONSTANTLY almost every single day. My blood pressure is totally normal, and no complications with the baby so far. We're almost 19 weeks. 

My OB is currently on vacation (bastard), and his nurse just told me to keep going back to the ER til he can see me. I feel like everytime I walk in there, they think I'm a drug addict. The only thing they can give me to help is Demerol, Morphine, or Toradol. I have prescription fioricet and tylenol 3 but they're not working. 

They tried IV Benedryl but apparently I'm allergic to it. (What are the chances, right?)

Has anyone else gone through this? Is there anything else I can try?

by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
StOp.PaJaMaTiMe
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:09 AM

Bump

StOp.PaJaMaTiMe
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:16 AM

anyone? Please?

frkalishh
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:20 AM
I have the same problem :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kelliehelvie
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:20 AM

drink LOTS AND lots of water. Tyelnol is safe, even take tyelnol pm for night time. If that doesn't cut it, you can take motrin. Rest, drink water !! I hope you feel better soon., Sleep well. 

StOp.PaJaMaTiMe
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:21 AM

thank you ladies. I've tried all the OTC meds that are safe, and I'm downing 100+ oz of water per day. I'm just tired of the pain! :(

StOp.PaJaMaTiMe
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:26 AM

anyone else have any ideas?

LMJ1
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:38 AM

It may not be this, but a lot of headaches during pregnancy are due to NOT ENOUGH WATER.  you've had them since you were 15, so you could have something else, but maybe drinking a lot of water will help you a bit.  I drink a lot of water, and NEVER got headaches during my pregnancy like most pregnant women complain about.  Good luck! 

StOp.PaJaMaTiMe
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:40 AM

Ob told me at least 80oz per day and im doing at least 100.  That should be enough, right? Cuz I'm SO tired of peeing.... lol

Quoting LMJ1:

It may not be this, but a lot of headaches during pregnancy are due to NOT ENOUGH WATER.  you've had them since you were 15, so you could have something else, but maybe drinking a lot of water will help you a bit.  I drink a lot of water, and NEVER got headaches during my pregnancy like most pregnant women complain about.  Good luck! 

TegansMommy
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:43 AM

bump! Hope you get some help (and some relief!)

StOp.PaJaMaTiMe
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:46 AM

thank you. :)

Quoting TegansMommy:

bump! Hope you get some help (and some relief!)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)