Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My husband brought home a wild kitten.

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:11 AM
  • 45 Replies
My DH came home with a wild kitten. He was walking out of work and he heard it meowing in the bushes. He said he picked it up and it was mean at first, but now it likes him. I don't want to touch it. Does anyone know about wild cats? Should he have left it alone? What do you do with it? Ugh.....my husband!!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HomeSweetHome77
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:12 AM

wild cat? 

ojac
I would lock it in the garage until I could get it checked out at the vet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brandiaubrey
What could it have.....I don't know what kind of diseases cats carry.

Quoting ojac:

I would lock it in the garage until I could get it checked out at the vet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HomeSweetHome77
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:13 AM

or this?

series40
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:14 AM

let it come to you other than that feed, it give it water, milk.. lol... and stay away

brandiaubrey
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:15 AM
DH made it a bed in the garage...he put milk, food, and water down. I don't even know if it's old enough to eat solid food. It is really tiny.

Quoting series40:

let it come to you other than that feed, it give it water, milk.. lol... and stay away

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CountryStrong84
by Platinum Member on May. 21, 2011 at 12:15 AM

It needs to be checked for worms and other kitty problems. Worms are the worst though becuase they come out in their poop. You also need to know how old it is before you just give it wormer.

CoastieWifePR
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:15 AM

you mean a regular feral cat?  lol just let it get used to you guys.  Take it to the vet as soon as you guys can to make sure it doesn't have worms or any other disease...

krystlzd3
by Platinum Member on May. 21, 2011 at 12:16 AM

How old is it? If it is young enough, it'll be tame within a few days to a week. I had 6 feral kittens dropped on my lap about 3 weeks ago. They hissed, growled, bit, and scratched. Within 2 days, you'd have never guessed they were feral. Also, if you plan on keeping it, take it to the vet for shots and deworming.

Also, post pics if you can. lol

Mamie_85
by Ruby Member on May. 21, 2011 at 12:17 AM

you don't have to keep it outside or in the garage. if it's eyes and ears are clear, bring it in. give it water and if you have dry food, mix with a little warm water or give wet food. NO MILK! it might be too late, but cows milk makes kittens throw up most of the time, so no milk. take it to the vet when you can, it's most likely just been left by mom is all.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)