Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does saying "that's gay" offend gay people?

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:23 AM
  • 63 Replies
If someone says, "that's gay!" when referring to something they disagree with or think is stupid, does that offend a gay person?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
adevilsadvocate
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:25 AM

I dont care if it does. And I doubt anyone who says it honestly cares if it does or not. I hate how PC everyone is. They are just words! And if you are that thin skinned that a word makes you sobbing puddle on the floor than you have bigger issues my usage of two little words.

CountryGirl0809
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:26 AM
Lol lol.

Quoting adevilsadvocate:

I dont care if it does. And I doubt anyone who says it honestly cares if it does or not. I hate how PC everyone is. They are just words! And if you are that thin skinned that a word makes you sobbing puddle on the floor than you have bigger issues my usage of two little words.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommySteph06
by Platinum Member on May. 21, 2011 at 12:29 AM
Lol - good answer, I guess. I say it all the time. I was just watching jimmy kimmel and it sparked the question.

Quoting adevilsadvocate:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
adevilsadvocate
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:42 AM

It is the same as the word "retard". Make me want to donkey punch those who give power to words like the mere whisper of the word is gonna offend someone's delicate baby sensibilities. Vomit.

MommeeTo4
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:44 AM
My gay friend says that's gay all the time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on May. 21, 2011 at 12:44 AM

lol...mine do too.

Quoting MommeeTo4:

My gay friend says that's gay all the time

HomeSweetHome77
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:45 AM

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TIMES A THOUSAND AND INFINITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quoting adevilsadvocate:

Beautiful__mama
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:45 AM
My brother and his boyfriend get offended by it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mase.Mama
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:47 AM
It offends my best friend but I agree I don't understand how people can get so worked up over words.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommySteph06
by Platinum Member on May. 21, 2011 at 12:49 AM
Yeah, I don't either. I say it all the time, but it's not like I have anything against gay people.

Quoting Mase.Mama:

It offends my best friend but I agree I don't understand how people can get so worked up over words.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)