Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

super worried.need advice asap

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:36 AM
  • 20 Replies
my doggy, hunter who is a german shepard is acting weird and im not sure why. He is panting hard and has diareah and gass and keeps acting like he may throw up.

When i came home from school today he was outside.. Running around... Not sure how he got out..but my back door was open...he can open doors if theyre not locked..and i may have forgot to lock it.

Anyway
he now has bad diareah and is panting..he let me know he had to go outside and we went..then he came in and acted like he was going to throw up..but didnt.. Hes sleeping now.

The kids and i just got over a tummy bug..can dogs catch that from humans or do you think he just got into something whil roaming the neighborhood today?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KME3
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:37 AM
BUMP!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvmyangel22
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:38 AM
I have never heard they can get a virus From a human...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bayliesmommy
by Ruby Member on May. 21, 2011 at 12:38 AM
He got into something. Probably somones garbage. I don't think animals can catch colds from humans
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LuvMyBean
by Lurker Extraordinair on May. 21, 2011 at 12:38 AM

I don't know but heres a bump  Good luck

Mommyof2n0308
by Platinum Member on May. 21, 2011 at 12:39 AM
k. Im just hoping hes alright...we dont have a vet ER or nething:( hes not acting weird...its just those few things worry me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ToraMay
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:39 AM
id call ur vet first thing tomorrow if u can
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama23almost4
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:40 AM
I know my shepherd would act like that when he got into the trash or ate other things he wasn't supposed to like my inhaler. God I miss that dog. He probably got into something.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aislinn
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:40 AM

Dogs do not catch human bugs. I would be concerned with poisoning. How old is he?

StOp.PaJaMaTiMe
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:42 AM

my vet said you can give them pepto bismol and plain yogurt for tummy troubles. 

dbush0584
by Silver Member on May. 21, 2011 at 12:43 AM

ummm no...dogs cant get a stomach virus that himans get.  he could have gotten into something.  you can give him pepto...make sure hes drinking water to stay hydrated.  you can give him asprin if he seems in pain.  if it gets worse take him to a vet.  Keep an eye on his gums...if they start turning white take him to a vet IMMEDIATELY!!  other than that...dogs get into things ALL the time...its probably nothig to worry about. im not a vet so idk for sure but ive trained ALOT of animals so ive pretty much seen it all lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)