Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HOW OUR WORLD WILL END (scientific explanation)

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:02 AM
  • 41 Replies

I believe our world will end when our star, the Sun, dies.  Yes, our sun will die y about 4 billion years. 

I'm not going to use scientific astronomy words because well, I'm not that much of a nerd.  But basically the sun will run out of helium, in a way.  This will cause it to shrink.  Some scientist believe that with the sun shrinking, the Earth will go into a world wide ice age.  This may cause the extinsion of humans because it will be to cold to plant crops, for animals to survive that we eat; not to mention the impact this will have in our ozone.  Will it rain.  Will it snow all the time?  Famines will start, nation will rise against nation for food, etc...

Next, the Sun's compression will  make its core hotter and hotter turning it's remaining helium into carbon, causing it to expand into a red giant.  So, whatever people are left from the possible Ice Age, they will surely die as the Sun will expand wide enough to reach Venus and Mercury and both will be consumed by it.   Some scientists believe it will not expand big enough to reach Earth but it will be close enough to boil our waters, thus sterilizing whatever remaining life is on Earth. 

Now, the Sun could either explode destroying remaining planets that orbit it, or it can shrink into a white dwarf (dead star).  Without our star, there is no way there can be an Earth left. 

Well, there you go, a scientific explanation.  This won't happen for another 4 billion years, so we got some time. 

by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Aislinn
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:03 AM

Well, that is if man does not destroy the Earth first...

bcuz2pplfelnlv
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:05 AM
well, that made me feel better...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
grplovesjlp
by Silver Member on May. 21, 2011 at 1:07 AM
Ok
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mase.Mama
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:07 AM
Totally agree with this way.. makes WAYY MORE SENSE!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LMJ1
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:08 AM

Perhaps it's when people who believe in God mean when they say rapture.  They will be rescued before this happens, leaving the rest at the mercy of a dying sun. 

But yes, humans may be extinct in 4 billion years.

bananahammock1
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:08 AM
Lmao!

Quoting bcuz2pplfelnlv:

well, that made me feel better...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darlula
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:09 AM
That, or we could get hit by an asteroid pretty much any time. Or we'll just kill the planet before either.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
acaisha
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:11 AM

We will be long gone before that happens.. humans are a plague that will eventually cause our own extinction .. possibly the only 'animal' ever to be stupid enough to eradicate ourselves..

LMJ1
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:11 AM

Or our galaxy could be consumed by a Black Hole

LMJ1
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:12 AM

Yes...unless we change our way of living and start caring for our Earth more.  But as long as they is hunger for wealth and power, there will be wars and hatred. 

Quoting acaisha:

We will be long gone before that happens.. humans are a plague that will eventually cause our own extinction .. possibly the only 'animal' ever to be stupid enough to eradicate ourselves..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)