• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HOW OUR WORLD WILL END (scientific explanation)

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:07 AM
  • 2 Replies

I believe our world will end when our star, the Sun, dies.  Yes, our sun will die y about 4 billion years. 

I'm not going to use scientific astronomy words because well, I'm not that much of a nerd.  But basically the sun will run out of helium, in a way.  This will cause it to shrink.  Some scientist believe that with the sun shrinking, the Earth will go into a world wide ice age.  This may cause the extinsion of humans because it will be to cold to plant crops, for animals to survive that we eat; not to mention the impact this will have in our ozone.  Will it rain.  Will it snow all the time?  Famines will start, nation will rise against nation for food, etc...

by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
CoastieWifePR
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:11 AM

I saw something like that on the history channel or discovery, cant remember which...  But that is scary stuff.

Mrs.BAT
by on May. 21, 2011 at 3:29 AM

I think it will either happen that way, or sometime in the future humans will somehow manage to destroy the world. Either way, I doubt it will happen within our lifetime, or our children's, or their children's, etc. Well, I guess there's the SLIGHT possibility for something like Armegeddon (the movie) to happen....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)