Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You are not going to believe this SH**. See the pic and tell me how you would proceed FINAL UPDATE-- YOU WON'T BELIEVE IT!!!!

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 3:23 AM
  • 115 Replies

If you've read my posts lately you'd know that I've been being tortured by the work renovations being done to our rental house for the last week.  We have been patient beyond necessary. 

So, tonight, at 11:30 pm,  my husband got home and sat next to me on the couch.  Then he says, "WOAH, why do you have a huge ass kitchen knife sticking out of the couch???"  I'm really confused because I had no kitchen knife out, and I would never have it in the couch where my son was jumping on it and playing Batman and Spiderman all evening and jumping on it all day.   

So, I go and look and it isn't one of our kitchen knives.  It does not belong to us.  This was sitting on my couch in the exact position as you see here in the photo while my son was playing on it and jumping on it like a typical toddler does!!!  WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS???  I'm also certain that a knife wasn't necessary in any of the repairs!!!

I'm horrified that my son could have been injured pretty easily in this.  It is a 12 inch blade and like I said was sticking right out of the couch blade side up.  I am beyond horrified. 

EDIT:  First off, we are moving across the country in 2.5 months so we thought we could put up with the endless workers and renovations that are making noise and disrupting our lives.  We have lived here for 3.5 years and didn't want to move sooner than necessary.  UGHHHHH!

Ok, here is the email we just sent to our management company.. Are we out of line to tell them we are not comfortable with these workers in our house any longer unattended???

Hi Reed,

My name is Krista XXX and I reside at XXX.  I am writing in concerns to the workmen who where in our home today and have been working on our home for the last three days.  As I'm sure you can understand it is very trying to have your house worked on continuously for three days straight.  Although it is frustrating for us as tenets, we understand these jobs are necessary to make the improvements to the home. 

When I got home today, the doors where unlocked and opened.  I was not aware the painters would have access to the house without me there.  I knew that there was an RMS contractor that was accessing the bathroom, however, I wasn't aware a crew of employees had access to the house while the contractor went to Home Depot to pick up necessary tools.  I was not comfortable with that many people being allowed in the house with no one home and no notice to us. 

And then tonight I noticed another HUGE issue. 

I am not sure who or why, but someone who had access to my apartment today left a 12 inch knife on my couch, leaning up against the couch pillows, sticking blade side up.  We didn't notice the knife until about 11:30 this evening.  Earlier in the evening, our 3 year old son was jumping on the couch and fortunately he did not get hurt.  However, I was shocked when I discovered the knife and also extremely horrified that my son had been on the couch only hours before.  This potentially could have injured him very badly.  I've attached a picture of the knife before I removed it from the couch so you can understand the exact position it was in. 

At this time, I am not very comfortable with this whole situation.  I was willing to be inconvenienced for a few days, but this was a huge safety risk.  Please call me and my husband as soon as possible, before these workers are scheduled to return. XXX
Thank you very much for your attention to this important matter.

Krista and Erik XXX

UPDATE:
Email back from Rental Manamgnet:

Krista - well thats a first for me! Let me assure you that contractor was not hired by or related to RMS. I forwarded your email to Jan and asked her to address it with him and also recommended you be compensated by some aspect of a rent credit for your hassles. 
I'll let you know what she says Monday. Hope he didnt stash any swords or nunchucks anywhere. 

Reed

And the plot thickens!!!  So, we leave the house and go outside to get breakfast and run into my neighbor (yes, if you've read my posts the one with the roommate).  My DH starts to tell her what happened.  She gets really embarrassed-- She stopped by for about 30 seconds yesterday.  Apparently she had a bunch of stuff with her INCLUDING a bread knife that I didn't know about or notice because there was so much commotion going on!  She says it must have fallen out of her pile!
I feel so embaressed and like an idiot now I have to go clear this one up with the Managment service!!! 
by on May. 21, 2011 at 3:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wubbunny420
by on May. 21, 2011 at 3:25 AM

i would flip out! 

CheshireCat420
by on May. 21, 2011 at 3:25 AM
O_O that's messed up
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.betty.white.
by bilf on May. 21, 2011 at 3:26 AM

Ok, we are putting together an email.  Let me know what you guys think. 

tickled_pink09
by on May. 21, 2011 at 3:26 AM

holy shi*! I would be livid. I am so glad nothing happened..

Bits08

OMG thank goodness no one was hurt!!  Now, how could that have possibly gotten there??

Sorry, misread.  That is absolutely unacceptable.  

tickled_pink09

BUMP!

tickled_pink09
by on May. 21, 2011 at 3:27 AM

BUMP!

tangerine11
by on May. 21, 2011 at 3:27 AM

Creepy!

amylovesnick07
by Bronze Member on May. 21, 2011 at 3:29 AM
Wow I would be pretty upset!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommynwife26
by on May. 21, 2011 at 3:29 AM
Wow I would be livid! Thank goodness he didn't get hurt and you and your dh found it before he did. Idk why they would have that for renovations.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)