Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

All we can do is Pray....Pray my A**!!!!!!

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:28 AM
  • 23 Replies
Let me start off saying that I know this post is sure to offend a few. My apologies in advance...

I cannot stand when you know of/are in a situation that isn't the best and someone says..."Well... all we can do is pray". For example....my sperm donor....i'm laughing out loud about this already....

He like alot of other individuals has a horrible cocaine addiction. In addition he is a compulsive liar. His mother tells me all the the time "Well...all we can do is Pray for him...." HaHAHa no....there's no amount of prayer that can help that boy! Lol

in my opinion....Prayer doesn't fix or help situations. God does not fix or help situations. Back to my example of my sperm donor.... He would have to help himself....God plays no role in his addiction. I feel like people rely on God and prayer to make things happen and it's mind boggling to me.

Yes I'm atheist, but I believe in making things happens yourself...God doesn't physically make things happen YOU do! Anyway just my thought for the day.

Again I apologize if anyone is offended as it was not intended. You have the right to believe what ever you want. I'm just curious if others feel the same as I do... Have a good day ladies!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
charliebean
by Ruby Member on May. 21, 2011 at 8:30 AM

Okay. And just like you have the right (which doesn't mean it's the right thing to do, btw) to spew intolerant and hypocritical bullshit, they have the right to say they're going to pray. 

3lilmonsters88
by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:31 AM
Regardless of how I feel if someone wants to pray and they believe prayer works then who are you or anyone else to judge them?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KandiceN

I'm a Christian and I hate this too.  No, that's not all you do.  You get off your ass and you fix the freaking problem!!

That's all our MIL would say to us during a big fight we had "All I can do is pray" No, You can see that you're being a cancer to this family and do something to fix it.  Sorry God isn't going to fix you being a dumbass no matter how much you pray.

bananahammock1
I have bad gas this morning!!! I think it may be all the boiled eggs I've been eating.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3lilmonsters88
by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:33 AM
Yum. When I was pregnant with my last I craved boiled eggs with vinegar and salt LOL

Quoting bananahammock1:

I have bad gas this morning!!! I think it may be all the boiled eggs I've been eating.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
YvonnesMommy
by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:36 AM
I can see how ur mil is not wanting to put responsibility on her Son but a lot of older people and even younger people find it comforting to pray to a higher being. It doesn't make them wrong or stupid or annoying, it is what it is. Prayer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bananahammock1
by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:36 AM
Ooh! That sounds good!!! I usually don't do vinegar..

Quoting 3lilmonsters88:

Yum. When I was pregnant with my last I craved boiled eggs with vinegar and salt LOL

Quoting bananahammock1:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
YvonnesMommy
by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:37 AM
Sorry, not ur mil... sperm donars mother. Ops.

Quoting YvonnesMommy:

I can see how ur mil is not wanting to put responsibility on her Son but a lot of older people and even younger people find it comforting to pray to a higher being. It doesn't make them wrong or stupid or annoying, it is what it is. Prayer.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JaydensMom42009
by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:39 AM
Lol it's alright..i knew whatcha meant! Lol =)

Quoting YvonnesMommy:

Sorry, not ur mil... sperm donars mother. Ops.

Quoting YvonnesMommy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
princessputter
by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:40 AM

you laid with him made a baby.. and you want us to feel  pity for you..... you obviosly have no clue what praying is even about.. maybe its a good thing you dont do it....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)