• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am so p*ssed at DH's Unit. Army related.

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:35 AM
  • 42 Replies

Can I just scream for about three days?

We are used to being lied to. So really I'm not surprised we were once again lied to.

But oh the inconvenience.

Dh was told he would come home early from this deployment to get out of the Army. First it was to be Feb., then March, then April, then May. Now... it's June or July.

Then he was told he would be able to take 60 days of terminal leave. Now it's 45 days.

Which wouldn't be that big of a deal but his stupid Commander told him he would come home for 14 days, ETS, then go on his 90 days of terminal leave back before the deployment all the way up until this latest date update.

Now I can handle nothing is what it's supposed to be. Never trust what they tell you until it's writing stuff. But WHY?

Why fucking lie when YOU are the commander, YOU are the one making the rules and calling the shots. He KNOWS that DH had to send me home and we have NOTHING in KY anymore. (I am ill, needed to come home so mom could help me because I can't do it alone anymore.) So why fuck DH over some more just because you are a douche bag?

Now, I have to figure out where he will live, how we will afford him being there while we are all here. Figure out WHEN he's even going to be back in KY to know when to be there to pick him up. AHHHHHHHHH. These asses give us this date or that date and swear it's gospel.

I don't think they are going let him go early at all.

And for the record. DH has a brain injury, bad heart, and bad knees. Before this deployment he had paper work to go to the Warrior in transition unit and go before a medical board because doctors said he is nondeployable. They deployed him anyway. So the frustration runs all the way back to Jan 2010 when he was told that he was not mission ready and could not perform his job duties safely and effectively.

I am so sick of his Unit I could scream. Just let us go already!

Vent over, thanks for listening.

by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
P.V.Hawkwind
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:37 AM

idk what to tell ya. 

alotta_fagina
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:37 AM
And this post will self destruct in 3...2..1...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StOp.PaJaMaTiMe
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:38 AM

sometimes i hate the army. deep breaths. and hon, even if you get it in writing, they can still change it. 

sucks, don't it?

Aichia
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:38 AM
Hugs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sherry132
by Ruby Member on May. 21, 2011 at 10:42 AM

Yes it does. LOL. They are just doing it for spite now. Although I can't figure out for the life of me WHY! Last April they were trying to flat out kick him out. They couldn't, doctors wouldn't allow it. Then poof they took him to this deployment and now .... they won't let him go. Why? He's a hinderance, they've said that too him. UGG.

I'm just angry and disappointed.

Quoting StOp.PaJaMaTiMe:

sometimes i hate the army. deep breaths. and hon, even if you get it in writing, they can still change it. 

sucks, don't it?

lil_Army_Wife05
by Ruby Member on May. 21, 2011 at 10:45 AM

hugs

I understand how you feel!

winkles115
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:47 AM
*hugs*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NikkiDoll
by Nicole on May. 21, 2011 at 10:47 AM

I'm sorry.

bananahammock1
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:48 AM
Wow! I can understand your frustration! I hate when the army lies and manipulates situations!! Its happened to us a lot too! I hope it all works out! Where are you stationed at?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emeraldangel20
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:48 AM

what was their excuse for deploying him when he was deemed nondeployable? does the doctor who said this know he was deployed?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)